The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Reaction score
hey, Iā€™m new to this site and keeping tropical fish.

Was wondering if someone could help, Iā€™ve had my tank set up for 4 days and the last couple a days the tanks became cloudy. Is this normal?

The only things in the tank is gravel on the bottom and three plastic plants. Iā€™m adding moss balls in tomorrow when they arrive.

All levels in the tank are correct and what they should be.

Someoneā€™s told me to use Terra Crystal Clear solution saying it gives great results.

Please help! .

Thanks
Phill

Photo of the tank/ cloudy water.

Attachments

• 6F229FCB-3210-437A-A515-08A18A03CEDD.jpeg
    6F229FCB-3210-437A-A515-08A18A03CEDD.jpeg
    823.5 KB · Views: 371
hey, Iā€™m new to this site and keeping tropical fish.

Was wondering if someone could help, Iā€™ve had my tank set up for 4 days and the last couple a days the tanks became cloudy. Is this normal?

The only things in the tank is gravel on the bottom and three plastic plants. Iā€™m adding moss balls in tomorrow when they arrive.

All levels in the tank are correct and what they should be.

Someoneā€™s told me to use Terra Crystal Clear solution saying it gives great results.

Please help! .

Thanks
Phill

Hi!

Nothing to worry about here, it is just the bloom of harmless bacteria which is very common in new tanks! It will die off in 5-7 days.

Don't use any chemicals to help it, nothing will really work. Patience :)

Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle and the need to cycle your tank first before adding fish? It usually takes several weeks. If not, I suggest you read on the Aquarium nitrogen cycle and in particular, ā€fishless cyclingā€. Then get the items needed to do it. In particular, an API Freshwater Test Kit. Let us know if you have any questions.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back