Help me sex these fish

Bruno2002

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Points
8
Location
YO627SW
I have a JD and a green terror coukd you help me sex them i think the jd is a male but im not sure
 

Attachments

  • 20210322_200535.webp
    20210322_200535.webp
    142.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 20210322_200528.webp
    20210322_200528.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210322_200527.webp
    20210322_200527.webp
    87.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 20210322_200525.webp
    20210322_200525.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20210322_200524.webp
    20210322_200524.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20210322_200522.webp
    20210322_200522.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210322_200518.webp
    20210322_200518.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210322_200517.webp
    20210322_200517.webp
    85.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210322_200513.webp
    20210322_200513.webp
    111.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 20210322_200508.webp
    20210322_200508.webp
    177.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 20210322_200504.webp
    20210322_200504.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210322_200500.webp
    20210322_200500.webp
    155.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210322_200454.webp
    20210322_200454.webp
    151 KB · Views: 135
  • 20210322_200456.webp
    20210322_200456.webp
    151.8 KB · Views: 142
I think your GT is a female (also a Silver Saum which is nice as they are pretty rare). I think the JD is male as it has pointed fins but not 100%.
 
I think your GT is a female (also a Silver Saum which is nice as they are pretty rare). I think the JD is male as it has pointed fins but not 100%.
Thats what I was hoping for im not sure about the green terror being silver saum he did have orange tips on his fins but was beaten up quite badly when I got him im hoping it is though that would be cool
 
Whoa that JD is a tough one to sex. The best way is that females tend to have a lot more coloration around their gills and not as much on their body. Males don't have that "beard" but have much more on their body.

That one has the coloration on the gills that would say female, but females don't normally have that much color down the side of their body.

I'm pretty experienced with these fish and I wouldn't put money on either or. How big is it? Females are smaller. Males can get to 10, maybe 12 inches or so with females being smaller around 7 inches max. This is of course my experience. I had a breeding pair in the past with an absolute beast of a male over a foot long. I've never seen one bigger than the one I had.
 
Whoa that JD is a tough one to sex. The best way is that females tend to have a lot more coloration around their gills and not as much on their body. Males don't have that "beard" but have much more on their body.

That one has the coloration on the gills that would say female, but females don't normally have that much color down the side of their body.

I'm pretty experienced with these fish and I wouldn't put money on either or. How big is it? Females are smaller. Males can get to 10, maybe 12 inches or so with females being smaller around 7 inches max. This is of course my experience. I had a breeding pair in the past with an absolute beast of a male over a foot long. I've never seen one bigger than the one I had.
Jd is about 6 inches and he's grown alot i got him at about 4 inches 3 to 4 months ago what do you think about the saum is that female someone else on the post identified it as a female but I can't tell the fins aren't in great shape as he was being picked on at the lfs
 
Jd is about 6 inches and he's grown alot i got him at about 4 inches 3 to 4 months ago what do you think about the saum is that female someone else on the post identified it as a female but I can't tell the fins aren't in great shape as he was being picked on at the lfs
I'm not as experienced with those fish. If there is a way to sex them at this size, I'm not aware of it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top