Sexing M.Boesmani Rainbowfish

AmateurFishGuy

New Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Points
3
Location
Malaysia
Hi fish experts. Would like some help sexing these fish. I have an existing batch of a few 2.5 inch males with beautiful blue orange color and a new batch of 13 smaller fish around 1.5-2 inches. Almost all of them have a dark stripe with iridescent green/silver with minimal orange. Only one has recently developed some orange at the tail. Are they still too young to sex? Or have I been scammed into purchasing all the leftover females / some other hybrid species?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8528.webp
    IMG_8528.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_8529.webp
    IMG_8529.webp
    181.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8520.webp
    IMG_8520.webp
    194.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8526.webp
    IMG_8526.webp
    173.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8508.webp
    IMG_8508.webp
    158.8 KB · Views: 78
I think you'll need a bit of patience, as age wise, they are still uncertain. They look healthy, and fish number one will probably be male, but it's early days.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top