Freshwater to marine

Fremlins

Reaction score
Hello

I'm a newbie here though not to fishkeeping as I've had a freshwater setup for 25 years (during which time I've probably made every mistake there is and hopefully learned a bit from them!)

Finally got permission from other half to get a saltwater tank, so will be very grateful for any advice I can get with that here.

Cheers

Simon

Welcome to the forum.

Awesome you are getting into the salty side of things. Have you got any plans yet in terms of what your doing, fish only, reef, etc? I've not had a reef tank for awhile but can help with the basics. There are a few other active members that have great marine knowledge as well. Definitely set up a journal to record the progress, I don't have space for a marine tank anymore so love reading what other people are doing :)

Do you have any freshwater tanks running at the moment? If so I'm sure everyone here would like to hear about them as well.

edit: Just noticed you are from Kent as well. Funny how on an international forum you can still bump into people that are relatively right next door to you.

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

How big is the tank going to be? Any idea what you want to do with it? (FOWLR, predator setup, reef, SPS dominant, etc etc)

Cheers Barney. Seem to get these odd geographical coincidences all the time on the web! I'm from Faversham where the water is so hard you could break your teeth on it.

My F/W set up is a Juwel Trigon 190 - mostly straight out of the box bar some tinkering with the filter, but has served me well for a very long time now.

I may well start a journal once I get going.

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

How big is the tank going to be? Any idea what you want to do with it? (FOWLR, predator setup, reef, SPS dominant, etc etc)
Thanks!

220L + sump (about 115 L if I've measured it right). I was going to go for FOWLR but I'm thinking along the lines of a simple reef set up now.

Thanks!

220L + sump (about 115 L if I've measured it right). I was going to go for FOWLR but I'm thinking along the lines of a simple reef set up now.
Awesome! A FOWLR is a great starting point, and you can always add coral later. Be careful with stocking though, because some fish will eat coral. Any ideas on what you might want to stock it with?

Welcome to the forum! I have absolutely no experience what so ever in salt water. But I cant wait to see what you do!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

A couple of members have recently started marine tanks too and you can check out their progress at the following links. They ask lots of questions and the threads are quite interesting to read when you have spare time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back