For free to a good home - Opaline Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KAFish

Reaction score
Hi guys im under 1 year in the Fish game, i have matured my tank nicely but now have realised that due to my eager stocking of fish, i have housed my opaline gourami with Rams and there not getting on great, but i can live with that its more to do with my little guys CPD and Tetras, who literally S**t themselves everytime the gourami leaves his area and ventures around the tank.
The OG has eaten acouple of my other CPD and some lampeyes also, so i think its best to rehome. Pictures attached.

The Gourami is approx 2.5 inches in length maybe closer to 3"

Water parameters in my tank:
Heavily planted 33G (Fluval Roma 125)
PH: 7.5
DGH : 8Dgh
Nitrates: 20 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 PPm

Housemates
Bolivian Ram
Golden Ram
Corys
Neon Tetra
CPD's

Im based in NW london and welcome for collections. I wont be posting as i think thats just crazy with the current situation we are in.

Best

Attachments

• 20210118_132311.jpg
    20210118_132311.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210118_132237.jpg
    20210118_132237.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 106
Hi guys im under 1 year in the Fish game, i have matured my tank nicely but now have realised that due to my eager stocking of fish, i have housed my opaline gourami with Rams and there not getting on great, but i can live with that its more to do with my little guys CPD and Tetras, who literally S**t themselves everytime the gourami leaves his area and ventures around the tank.
The OG has eaten acouple of my other CPD and some lampeyes also, so i think its best to rehome. Pictures attached.

The Gourami is approx 2.5 inches in length maybe closer to 3"

Water parameters in my tank:
Heavily planted 33G (Fluval Roma 125)
PH: 7.5
DGH : 8Dgh
Nitrates: 20 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 PPm

Housemates
Bolivian Ram
Golden Ram
Corys
Neon Tetra
CPD's

Im based in NW london and welcome for collections. I wont be posting as i think thats just crazy with the current situation we are in.

Best
Opalines have a nasty reputation for being the most aggressive anabantoid besides two male bettas in the same tank. If you are looking into getting a replacement fish for the gourami, pearl or honey gouramis would suit your tank. They are both very peaceful fish and stay at the surface. Do your CPD's move around a lot? Because if they do it can bother the gourami but I doubt that would happen. Gouramis need floating plants which I'm going to assume you have in the tank already. If you go with any of the ones I've suggested, pairs or trios are the best numbers for them.

Opalines have a nasty reputation for being the most aggressive anabantoid besides two male bettas in the same tank. If you are looking into getting a replacement fish for the gourami, pearl or honey gouramis would suit your tank. They are both very peaceful fish and stay at the surface. Do your CPD's move around a lot? Because if they do it can bother the gourami but I doubt that would happen. Gouramis need floating plants which I'm going to assume you have in the tank already. If you go with any of the ones I've suggested, pairs or trios are the best numbers for them.
Yes i have grown to learn the Opalines are very aggressive when they want to be the man in the local PEts at home told me the opposite that they would be calm and not cause any issues, He hides out in the corner where i have some floating frogbit and high growing heterenthera. My aim is to replace the Opaline with a pair of honey Gourami, or adding more CPDs as ive fallen in love with them!. they move alot and there colour is what i love! wish they could grow slightly bigger

Yes i have grown to learn the Opalines are very aggressive when they want to be the man in the local PEts at home told me the opposite that they would be calm and not cause any issues, He hides out in the corner where i have some floating frogbit and high growing heterenthera. My aim is to replace the Opaline with a pair of honey Gourami, or adding more CPDs as ive fallen in love with them!. they move alot and there colour is what i love! wish they could grow slightly bigger
I do like CPD's but I'm not sure if my parameters would suit them. Might get some if I'm able to but that'll probably happen when I have a tank free. Btw, don't listen to any person at Pets At Home. They give trash advice and will do anything for a sale. This has been a reoccurring thing I've seen on this forum and I agree with it. You are best coming onto this forum to ask. This is a place full of professional advice.

I do like CPD's but I'm not sure if my parameters would suit them. Might get some if I'm able to but that'll probably happen when I have a tank free. Btw, don't listen to any person at Pets At Home. They give trash advice and will do anything for a sale. This has been a reoccurring thing I've seen on this forum and I agree with it. You are best coming onto this forum to ask. This is a place full of professional advice.
Yeah this has probably been the only fish i bought on impulse without researching properly myself and sods law, that the so called"professionals" give me the wrong advice to get a sale.

Yeah this has probably been the only fish i bought on impulse without researching properly myself and sods law, that the so called"professionals" give me the wrong advice to get a sale.
Yeah it’s not a good place to ask around when fish stocking reads it head. May I ask if you are going to add anymore fish to replace this opaline?

Yeah it’s not a good place to ask around when fish stocking reads it head. May I ask if you are going to add anymore fish to replace this opaline?
Yes i plan to add a Honey Gourami pair, or ill add to the CPDs as i only have 2 left at the moment, no large fish, as i was pretty much at capacity with the opaline.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back