The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sahil97arora

Reaction score
Hello! I want to know the names of these fishes. So, that i can check the compatibility of these fishes with my current aquarium fishes.

Attachments

• 9DBA3DF4-6FAF-4F6F-A0DF-A4C598A90615.jpeg
    9DBA3DF4-6FAF-4F6F-A0DF-A4C598A90615.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 2,846
  • 4E5171D9-7C2E-4879-86F4-CE86FB345378.jpeg
    4E5171D9-7C2E-4879-86F4-CE86FB345378.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 58
Top fish is an Oscar and the botrom fish looks to be some sort of cichlid....

What tank size are they in?

Oscar’s get very big, and should not be a beginner level fish. EBA’s are aggressive, but the Oscar will kill anything and everything in the tank. Minimum 75g tank for Oscar, and the EBA should be with other cichlids.

Oscar’s get very big, and should not be a beginner level fish. EBA’s are aggressive, but the Oscar will kill anything and everything in the tank. Minimum 75g tank for Oscar, and the EBA should be with other cichlids.
Are you sure that information is correct?

Oscars don't just kill everything in a tank for a starter. An Oscar also doesn't need 75g tank as a minimum.

Oscars don't just kill everything in a tank for a starter. An Oscar also doesn't need 75g tank as a minimum.
I think it's probably fair to say not all Oscars kill everything, and its not an active aggressor just an opportunistic predator. I do agree with others though that a 75g should be considered a minimum - Ideally I want them in a 6 foot tank tbh.

Wills

My breeding pair were more than happy in their 250 liter tank, and I have kept Oscars with the like of Tinfiol Barbs and Silver Dollars with no issues. If you start mixing Oscars with other Cichlids then you may have problems.

My breeding pair were more than happy in their 250 liter tank, and I have kept Oscars with the like of Tinfiol Barbs and Silver Dollars with no issues. If you start mixing Oscars with other Cichlids then you may have problems.
See its more about their adult size than aggression factors for me, they will definitely hit 10 inches and most will break 12, some will hit 14 and there are records of 16 - 18.

A 4 foot tank with a decent width is surely not too much to ask.

See its more about their adult size than aggression factors for me, they will definitely hit 10 inches and most will break 12, some will hit 14 and there are records of 16 - 18.

A 4 foot tank with a decent width is surely not too much to ask.
So, you think a single fish needs 75 gallons?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back