it’s kind of funny, I’ve been buying these new ceramic cichlid caves, and have piled them up in my African tank, for the dwarf cichlids, every once in a while i look at that tank ( it’s dark water, and highly shaded ), and it looks like a pile of skulls on the bottom…
halloween themes is not really my thing, but decades ago, back when I kept piranhas, I had one smaller tank, with a juvenile piranha, that I kept an eel, in with the fish, and it lived for a long time, using the skull as protection from the piranha, that couldn’t fit inside it, until one day the piranha got ahold of the eel… but a pile of skulls would do the same thing, as my cichlid caves for the dwarf cichlids… not my kind of look, but these caves are a relatively new thing, but the skulls have been around for decades as an aquarium decoration… anyone using them as cichlid caves, and had a couple breed out of one???
maybe the next big thing??? “bag a bones” aquarium decorations…
halloween themes is not really my thing, but decades ago, back when I kept piranhas, I had one smaller tank, with a juvenile piranha, that I kept an eel, in with the fish, and it lived for a long time, using the skull as protection from the piranha, that couldn’t fit inside it, until one day the piranha got ahold of the eel… but a pile of skulls would do the same thing, as my cichlid caves for the dwarf cichlids… not my kind of look, but these caves are a relatively new thing, but the skulls have been around for decades as an aquarium decoration… anyone using them as cichlid caves, and had a couple breed out of one???
maybe the next big thing??? “bag a bones” aquarium decorations…







