The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

katsumi

Reaction score
My goldfish has gotten fat over the past few weeks very quickly and i cant tell if it has a disease, bloating or is pregnant. Its been going on for at least 2 months. She is a comet goldfish so the belly shows. Her scales are not puffy and she does not have symptoms like dropsy. She is swimming fine and does not show any trouble. However, there is a red spot somewhere near the bottom of her stomach. I cant really tell the gender so im assuming its a girl. She doesnt have the bumps near the gills that would show if she was pregnant. In the tank there is only one other comet goldfish which is doing fine. They usually like to chase each other around and rub against each other affectionately. They have been living together for more than 6 years. If you know the cause that’d be great :) 

Can you fill this out please? It'll help others know what could be going on/what may be the cause of the issue. The picture would be especially helpful if you can get one.

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back