First Aquascaping Project :)

Corrine

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
SDC11963.jpg

Hello..

I have just started my fishless cycle of this Juwel Rio 180 :) ..

I've seen some REALLY nice tanks on this forum and hope i'll be able to have something that looks really nice. Its just the standard lighting etc, and ive never kept a planted tank before so im looking for something hardy and easy to look after :)

I have added 2 peices of red moor root that you can see in the pic :) ignore the big slate peices weighing it down :blush: ! The 2 bits of root fit together really nicely (once the slate has been removed) :) !

I have ordered some java moss, anubia nana, vallis corkscrew, java fern & amazon sword...

I was thinking of just having a small plant to cover the "stump" of the root (in the middle).. then leave the right hand side of the tank unplanted... then have the left hand side planted :)

Any ideas/comments/suggestions/info... greatly appreciated :)

Wood looks the nuts! :D ..and looking forward to see the planting!

agree you really do have some potential with this wood. It kind of reminds me of my current scape.

have a look here

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/377590-rebirth-na-style/page__st__120

agree you really do have some potential with this wood. It kind of reminds me of my current scape.

have a look here

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/377590-rebirth-na-style/page__st__120

Your tank looks ace .. :D :good:

Where was that wood from? It's lovely. I'm thinking of getting some redmoor myself as I may be re-doing my bettas tank :rolleyes:

I think the idea of a plant in the middle would look pretty good :good:

Shameless self promotion
biggrin.gif

Lol I done that the other day and then thought hmmm who's gonna chime in here lol, no one noticed lol. Looks good, I'd remove the background tho. :)

I'd also remove the background and place the large stone in a more natural position.

SBS I think the stones are to hold the wood down :)

That wood has got some serious potential. Love the gravel

:lol:

Nice contrast between the substrate and wood. Vibrant greens such as those provided by Pogostemon Helferi will really pop if you decide to go with them.

Nice.

Lol I done that the other day and then thought hmmm who's gonna chime in here lol, no one noticed lol.

Sorry mate, missed that post, must pay attention more.
rolleyes.gif

To the OP.Do some research for tanks that you like the look of.There will be plenty that have that have a similar layout with wood to yours.Look at there planting/types of plants and well...copy it, or least imitate it
innocent.gif

Even if you tried a straight copy, it would probably turn out slightly different anyway.
A first attempt doesn't have to be original IMO & as long as you learn something from the scape.
Just an opinion.

Nice to see you didn't miss that one

Where was that wood from? It's lovely. I'm thinking of getting some redmoor myself as I may be re-doing my bettas tank :rolleyes:

I think the idea of a plant in the middle would look pretty good :good:

Thankyou :). I got the redmoor root from my LFS.. but ive seen it plenty of places online too.. quite pricey i thought but worth it :D

I'd also remove the background and place the large stone in a more natural position.

The stones are to hold down the redmoor as its not sunk yet hehe.. they will be placed more naturally then :). Yeah i'm not sure about the background either.. but ill see what it looks like once my plants have grown etc .. Thanks for the comments :good:

Nice contrast between the substrate and wood. Vibrant greens such as those provided by Pogostemon Helferi will really pop if you decide to go with them.

Nice.

Thats a really nice plant.. i think ill bear that in mind when im ordering more plants :) !

You would need a fair bit to create a carpet but that would look fantastic. You could easily follow the shape you have created with the wood.

Most reactions

trending

Back