First Aquascaping Project :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love it, looks great! I had the exact background on my first tank. :D Much prefer my new one without it. I really like the addition of the straight vallis.

Tank looks amazing! I'll be very happy if my new tank looks even a fraction as good as yours. Might be a silly question as ive never used wood in a setup before but did you soak your wood before hand? And if so how long for, hot/cold water etc.

Tank looks amazing! I'll be very happy if my new tank looks even a fraction as good as yours. Might be a silly question as ive never used wood in a setup before but did you soak your wood before hand? And if so how long for, hot/cold water etc.
Yeah I soaked the bogwood for about 2-3 weeks in water (put new warm water in each day). The redmoor root required soaking for about 4-5 weeks so it would sink :)..

Looks great but in my opinion u shud stick to one type of wood it looks much more natural, I wud never use 2 types of wood the same way I wouldn't use to types of rocks it ruins it

What is that you have tied to the big branches? I like it!

Great looking tank btw.

Looks great but in my opinion u shud stick to one type of wood it looks much more natural, I wud never use 2 types of wood the same way I wouldn't use to types of rocks it ruins it

Thankyou for your comments :) .. I really like the look of the redmoor, but really needed hidey holes for plecos so thot the bogwood would be more natural than anything else hehe.. :blush:

What is that you have tied to the big branches? I like it!

Great looking tank btw.
Thanks very much :).. Its anubias nana attatched to the redmoor root :good:

Ah thank you. I shall add it to my list of my plants for my elusive new tank. :)

Starting to take shape. If I can ask, where did you get the redmoor and how much did you pay ? (and if you ever want to get rid of it can I have first refusal?). For the background planting I would consider Hygrophila Polysperma Rosanaveg (you can get it from Pets at home. Buy it in the tropica pots on the day they have their delivery and it will be in excellent condition) You can separate it when its in the pots and you get multiple stems with roots which is always good for a faster start. It grows like a weed and looks beautiful ;)

The tank looks amazing! :)
I recommend planting some amazon sword plants, they are generally easy to look after. :) I'd also add a 3D background, it would spice up the tank a lot more and make it more nature like. Keep up the good work!! :)

Tom

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back