Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

A year... already? That’s absolutely insane, it has not felt like a year to me... :unsure: :no:

We have the Russian variant of covid19 in Australia now. It came in on a man who came to Australia by plane and several people on the plane have since come down with his strain. The medical authorities are concerned the man is a super spreader like Typhoid Mary.

I just heard that a couple dozen immigrants were released in the USA, all of which had COVID. How on earth are we supposed to stop this, if people keep making stupid mistakes like this?

The governor in Texas just rolled back mask mandates. You no longer need one in public. Talk about stupid mistakes.

364 days tomorrow since Mrs Lurch and I locked down. No work for me since then, Mrs Lurch works from home anyway. We’ve both got asthma so jumped the gun on our idiot leader lockdown wise.
I get my first jab tomorrow! Though won’t be able to go back to work until MrsLurch has her two.

Best of luck everyone. Stay safe.

I just heard that a couple dozen immigrants were released in the USA, all of which had COVID. How on earth are we supposed to stop this, if people keep making stupid mistakes like this?

The governor in Texas just rolled back mask mandates. You no longer need one in public. Talk about stupid mistakes.
You're not meant to stop this. The US government is going for herd immunity and is just going to let the virus run its course. They might do a token vaccination program but I reckon most people will be left to deal with it on their own if they catch it.

You're not meant to stop this. The US government is going for herd immunity and is just going to let the virus run its course. They might do a token vaccination program but I reckon most people will be left to deal with it on their own if they catch it.
I fear you’re right mate.
Over here our idiots were going for herd immunity until the head docs told them they were looking at possibly 250,000 dead by Xmas. No political party is getting back in to power with that hanging over their heads for a generation or so. So they opted for lockdown.......in the future.
24hrs later our number one nut job held a press conference outside a hospital bragging he’d been inside shaking hands with C19 patients. It turned out there weren’t C19 patients in the hospital.
So why did he say it? Compulsive liar? Psychopath? Idiot? Attention seeker? We won’t know until his party and media owning bosses turn against him.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Stay safe everyone.

Not sure Colin will be impressed...
I saw that on the news last night. It doesn't matter too much for us because we are manufacturing one of the vaccines here in Australia. We are pretty lucky here because we have low numbers of local transmissions that are being controlled by local lock downs.

Unfortunately our duckhead Prime minister made sure he and the other morons in his political party were all vaccinated before everyone else, including doctors, nurses and people at the quarantine facilities. And none of them need it because none of them are in a high risk group for dying if they catch it.

The roll out for vaccines in Australia was meant to be 200,000 people per day and everyone done by October 2021. So far they are doing about 20,000 a day and they are starting on the east coast where most cases are. I am on the west coast and probably won't get vaccinated until next year.

In the US, they're predicting almost everyone who wants a vaccine will be vaccinated by the end of May. I had my first shot a couple of days ago and get my second one in 3 weeks.

Hi everyone, hope you are well.

So I got an invitation for the vacine and was wondering if anyone understands this statement.

"

How efficacious is the vaccine?​

The AZD1222 vaccine against COVID-19 has an efficacy of 63.09% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Longer dose intervals within the 8 to 12 weeks range are associated with greater vaccine efficacy."

Does this mean if 100 take it then 63 can get the virus but show no symptoms whatsoever or however minor eg loss of smell?

Last edited:
The AZD1222 vaccine against COVID-19 has an efficacy of 63.09% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The first dose reduces the risk of contracting covid19 or developing symptoms by 63%. When you get a second dose 3 months later, it reduces the chance of you catching it or getting symptoms by over 90%.

My aunt takes care of people who get covid so she had to get the "vaccine" she said the symptoms from the "vaccine" where worse than when she actually had covid.

Most reactions

Back