Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

I had to get rabies shots two years ago. Didn't get much say in which arm, because there were 6 shots in total, and they said they had to alternate which arm they did it in.? After rabies shots, other shots feel like nothing:lol:

I had to get rabies shots two years ago. Didn't get much say in which arm, because there were 6 shots in total, and they said they had to alternate which arm they did it in.? After rabies shots, other shots feel like nothing:lol:
That’s crazy! Never has to get a rabies shot before. (Not that I remember anyways)

Did you get bit by an animal or something?

That’s crazy! Never has to get a rabies shot before. (Not that I remember anyways)
Lucky!
Did you get bit by an animal or something?
A big ol' raccoon attacked our 3 big outdoor dogs, like in the daytime, and so my mom, my sisters, and I called the dogs over and made sure they were ok while the raccoon kinda like walked around for a minute, then limped away, but then we realized the dogs were COVERED in raccoon spit, and we just didn't know if one of us had rubbed our eyes or had a cut on our hands or something in the ten minutes it took us to get the dogs settled down and then go wash our hands, so my mom took me and all my sisters and all 5 of us had to get rabies shots.

That’s sad, are your dogs ok?

I guess it’s better safe than sorry.

Cause rabies is spread through the saliva of the animal I believe, and if it gets in your eyes, nose, mouth, or a cut, it can be spread to you, so because the dogs were covered in raccoon saliva from being attacked, and then we felt through their fur to see if they were bleeding, and then didn't wash our hands for 10 minutes while we waited for the raccoon to wander off, and didn't know if any one of us had even possibly touched our face, it just wasn't worth the risk

That’s sad, are your dogs ok?
Yes, the dogs are alright. We got them a booster of their rabies vaccine just to be safe. One of them got a nasty cut on his eye, but it healed up when we started cleaning it with eye drops. Two of them just turned 4 a couple weeks ago, the other just turned 3 a few weeks before that:wub:

Dead man walking here.

I had a rent inspection today. the real estate agent told me the owner refuses to give me a lease because she reckons it will reduce the chance of her selling the unit I live in. I said it works both ways, if someone wants the unit to rent out, and it has a tenant, that is a selling point. None the less the owner is refusing to give me a lease.

There are no rental properties now because the homeless people were put in them at the start of the pandemic, and now there are thousands of people coming back to Australia from other countries, and they are also looking for somewhere to live.

The irony of this is the homeless people are now living in rental properties paid for by the state government, and the people that rent and support themselves, are going to become homeless because there are no rental properties available.

According to the real estate agent, there are on average between 200 and 400 people applying for each property that comes on the market, and there is only 1 or 2 new properties becoming available each week, and most properties are taken within an hour of becoming available.

Last year before covid19 started, there were on average 125+ properties available for rent in my town alone. And those properties were $275 a week or less. There were more properties available that went for more than $275 a week. Now there are no properties available at all.

The price of rental properties has skyrocketed and people are paying double what they normally would. So rich people are fighting over somewhere to live and everyone else ends up on the street.

I have been asking the state government for help and they ignore me.
I have been asking the department of housing for help and they are ignoring me.

On the news the other night they did a story about this and apparently there are over 30,000 people in WA, waiting for public housing and at the end of March 2021, there will be ten of thousands of new people that become homeless and also end up on the waiting list.

This is due to the last 2 state governments, neither of which have built any low income housing. There have been no new low income houses built in the last 12 years. The population has grown by 1/3 during that time but no new houses or accommodation has been built to compensate for the population growth.

I have done nothing wrong and pay my rent every month in advance. The owners have thousands of dollars of my money from overpaid rent from the last 4 years I have been here. I haven't done any damage to the property. I haven't reported the owner to the courts for renting out a property that doesn't comply with the residential tenancy act, or for not doing work orders. I did my own plumbing repairs because nobody would do the work orders. I have no TV or radio signal here, the house leaks with air and there is dust all over the place. I put up with snakes, lizards, spiders, flies, millipedes and all sorts of creepy crawlies in here, I have to deal with cats pissing on my car and house every night and having bi tch fights outside on the road or by my bedroom window, and a neighbours dog barking all day because it has separation anxiety. I put up with houses being built and this place shaking when they are compacting the ground in the area. I even lost my container garden because the scumbags next door knocked down an asbestos house using a crane and covered this place in dust.

I have been through hell and back and now I am going to become homeless during a pandemic because there is nowhere to live and there are hundreds of people applying for each property. I am going to die on the street and I did nothing wrong. I did nothing to deserve this crap. I am so sick of this.
Any news/ progress with your accommodation Colin?
I keep hoping you will get a nice affordable property in a nice area.

In the UK builders don't get planning permission for a new development unless they agree to build 25-40% of the development as affordable housing.

full blown new retail prices
That’s why we aren’t moving up to PA right now, because all of the people flooding into that state from NY. They are selling houses in PA for crazy amounts of money; way more than they are worth. (A house that was originally posted for $250k may jump up to $450k - it’s stupid...)

Hope your situation gets better.

Papua New Guinea (PNG) has a massive outbreak of covid19 and it's spreading rampantly across the country. The PNG government asked the Australian government for help a while back and the Aust gov are still twiddling their thumbs and only providing minimal assistance.

They have poor medical facilities, no social distancing, the hospitals and medical centres have minimal personal protective equipment (PPE). The people in the communities have no PPE. There are lots of communities that are miles from each other and it takes hours or even days to drive to them.

The people of PNG are very social and spend a lot of time near each other. This is helping the virus spread across the country. A week ago about 50% of people tested had covid19. Just then on the news they said about 75% of people being tested have covid19. They have concerns that just about everyone in PNG will have covid19 in the next few weeks.

PNG had done really well keeping covid19 out, so where this came from is unknown and could decimate lots of the communities that have a lot of old people and no medical care.

No news here. I haven't even heard anything from the police shrink who was out here a month ago because I did my nut at the premier of the state. The police shrink said he was going to get me some help but as usual, nothing from anybody.

The real estate companies have no properties for me or anyone else. There's just nothing available.

The premier of the state hasn't responded to anything.

The department of housing has sent me some paperwork to fill out and they claim I'm not on the waiting list. I questioned that because I re-applied for public housing in 2017. They claim they don't have any record of that. The bloody liars. These are the same people that kicked me off the waiting list in 2016 when I was living on the street and going into their office 3 times a week. At that time they claimed they couldn't contact me about a property they had for me. And yet they were calling me by name when I went into their office Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They also claim nobody waits more than 7 years for public housing, so I asked them how long I had been waiting. They wouldn't respond because it was 16 years and still waiting.

I'm sick of it all. I can't even get a storage locker to put my stuff in, and there's no mechanics around here to fix my car, not that I can get parts for it any way. I can't buy a secondhand car because people are asking full blown new retail prices for cars that are 5 years old, out of warranty and have 200,000kms on the clock. It's crazy, people have just gone pure greed and stupidity over the last 12 months.
That's such a shame. Why did they say they will help if they can't/ don't? I hope that things improve over there.

Why did they say they will help if they can't/ don't? I hope that things improve over there.
They always say "we are here to help". It's a load of crap and simply what they are trained to say. If they come to the house smashing in doors and saying why did you say that, we act aggressively back at them. If they say we are worried about you and have concerns, and we are here to help, it makes them sound friendly and you are less likely to go ape sh it on them.

It's the same as the charity organisations. You contact them asking for help. They say "sorry, we can't help you but here are some contacts that should be able to". You get in touch with those contacts and they can't help but say try these charity organisations (refer you back to the places you contacted originally).

I have most of these symptoms already and I haven't had the vaccine yet :(

--------------------

That's a really good idea, I never even thought about that. I was gonna get the jab in my right arm because I'm left handed, but I sleep on my right so left arm it is. Thank your mum for me :)

Well curiously three days later I still have some pain when I move my arm much.

Every injection I've ever had has caused a sore arm for 3 days. It's having a liquid forced into a muscle, it doesn't matter what's in it.
I've had a flu vaccination every year for the last 20 years = 20 sore arms for three days.
I had a course of three tetanus vaccines in the 1980s = 3 sore arms for 3 days.
Local anaesthetics at the dentist = sore jaw for 3 days.

I regard a sore arm for several days as normal after injections.

Most reactions

Back