Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've had a sore arm for 3 days after every injection I've ever had. Every flu jab over the last 20 years has given me a 3 day sore arm; even local anaesthetic injections at the dentist leave me with a sore jaw for 3 days. So it was no surprise that I had a sore arm for 3 days after the Covid jab.
The day after I had dose #1, I did wake up with a fuzzy head and during the day I developed a temperature of 38 deg C when normal for me is around 36.5 and I felt very tired. It felt like I was starting a cold but without the sneezing and runny nose. The next morning I woke up and apart from the sore arm I was back to normal.

The side effects were at lot less than having a cold and it won't stop me having the second dose or any future boosters.

My husband just had a sore arm.
My mum was quite ill for a night (aches, temperature and, unusually, vomiting). My dad was fine. There is a theory that women are more likely to have side effects than men. A female colleague had aches/ lethargy but it was only for about 4 hours. Other female colleagues haven't had any side effects.

Covid symptoms last a heck of a lot longer and, as we all know too well, can be a lot more serious.

We have already had 11 months of restrictions, I won't be prolonging it. As soon as I'm offered a jab I'll take it.

I should add that I did a water change on 2 tanks the day after dose #1 even with the side effects. They were not bad enough to stop me doing the water changes.
I was due to do the water changes the day I had the jab but when the GP phoned up to say can you come at 3:04 tomorrow afternoon I wasn't going to say no I can't, I have to do a water change :)

My almost ex daughter-in-law has reactions to the flu jab but didn't have any reaction to the Covid jab. But she did have the Pfizer/BioNTech one while I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca one.

Some people have different effects to it.

For example: When my sister got her tetanus shot, her arm was sore for days and she couldn’t sleep on that side. When I got mine on the other hand, it was a little sore for a day or so, but I could still sleep on it.

Some people have different effects to it.
You've reminded me - back in the 1980s I had a course of 3 tetanus shots and my arm was sore after every one (this was back when they thought you had to have booster shot every 10 years and as it was over 10 years since my last one I had to have the full course).

I think I get a sore arm/jaw because a liquid has been injected into it. It doesn't matter what's in the liquid.

You've reminded me - back in the 1980s I had a course of 3 tetanus shots and my arm was sore after every one (this was back when they thought you had to have booster shot every 10 years and as it was over 10 years since my last one I had to have the full course).

I think I get a sore arm/jaw because a liquid has been injected into it. It doesn't matter what's in the liquid.
Yes, it’s the actual needle that does the most damage. Some people are “scared” of needles, I just don’t get it. :dunno:

Is this to say that you like that feeling? ? The anticipation of the pain winds up being the worst part, but that "bruise" pain is the worst thing ever ?
Oh no, I don’t think anyone likes it. ?

I was just saying I don’t see how people can have a genuine fear of needles.

As Flint Lockwood said, “it’s ok, it’s just... pain”... :lol:

The soreness hasn't stopped me having a flu jab every year for the last 20 years. I've had a "flu like infection" (to quote the doctor) and I do not want to have it again. Having flu and asthma is not fun. The sore arm is a tiny price to pay.

Oh no, I don’t think anyone likes it. ?

I was just saying I don’t see how people can have a genuine fear of needles.

As Flint Lockwood said, “it’s ok, it’s just... pain”... :lol:
Give me half an hour in a quiet secluded room with you tied to a chair and me playing with needles, You will be terrified of them after that.

---------------------
I went to the doctors on Friday coz I was pooping blood. The doc doesn't think I will be getting covid vaccination till the end of March at the earliest and probably much later. We don't even have the vaccine in this state yet and the eastern states are getting it before us because they have outbreaks.

Our prime minister (scott the fatheaded moron morrison) got his vaccine first even though he doesn't need it and is considered low priority. Yet people that do need it are made to wait another 3-6 months before we get our first dose. And then 3 months after that we get our second dose.

Last edited:
Give me half an hour in a quiet secluded room with you tied to a chair and me playing with needles, You will be terrified of them after that.

---------------------
I went to the doctors on Friday coz I was pooping blood. The doc doesn't think I will be getting covid vaccination till the end of March at the earliest and probably much later. We don't even have the vaccine in this state yet and the eastern states are getting it before us because they have outbreaks.

Our prime minister (scott the fatheaded moron morrison) got his vaccine first even though he doesn't need it and is considered low priority. Yet people that do need it are made to wait another 3-6 months before we get our first dose. And then 3 months after that we get our second dose.
Unless they have been severely traumatized... :unsure:

Today is the one year anniversary of this topic:

This topic has 2955 posts discussing the Covid 19 situation.

Since the pandemic started over a year ago, there have been 115,000,000 cases reported for the virus worldwide. There have been over 2.5 million deaths.

In the US, there have been over 29,000,000 reported cases and 527,000 reported deaths due to the virus.

In the UK, there have been 4,182,000 reported cases and 123,000 deaths.

Vaccines are now being widely distributed in hopes of bringing this pandemic to an end. But it will be many months before most people in the world receive their vaccinations. Once most people have been vaccinated, will the virus cease to be an issue that has hugely affected the worldwide population? Or will new reported variants of the virus start the spread anew? Will a booster shot be required to combat these new variants? These questions will be answered in the months ahead.

Here in the the northeastern part of the US, schools are slowly starting to have in person classes and many restrictions are being slowly eased. But most people continue wearing masks and are practicing social distancing. Will easing of restrictions start the spread anew?

How is your country dealing with the present state of the pandemic? Are restrictions being eased in your country? Have you had or will you soon get vaccinated?

Last edited:
Go back in this thread to page 1 and see how the state of the pandemic was at that time. Some members here thought it was overblown and no worse than the common flu. What a difference a year makes.

Last edited:
This thread could be published when it's finished. I have been following it since it started but have just started reading it again from the start and it's really quite interesting. It has a couple of funny bits in and Deanasue comments on the weather in Texas back in March last year. I haven't finished reading it yet and am only 1/4 the way through.

The 3 following posts are worth looking at again. There's others too but these got my attention.
pg 36 post #529 great idea :)
pg 39 post #572 great picture :)
pg 47 post #700 Deanasue mentioned Texas was unusually warm for that time of year. What a difference a year makes :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back