Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I am quite happy with the basic phone I have now. All I want a phone for is to make and receive calls and texts. I don't use any form of social media and have no wish to do so. Even if I had a smart phone I'd just use it to make calls with, I wouldn't use whatsapp.
I set up Whatsapp on my computer by using Andy software. Andy is an android emulator. It was easy to do. After I installed Andy, it looks just like a smartphone on my desktop. Then from inside the Andy emulator, I downloaded and installed Whatsapp.

Are highstreet shops/malls etc, going to become a thing of the past in a post covid world?

Are highstreet shops/malls etc, going to become a thing of the past in a post covid world?
Not sure, but I have read several articles on the internet about this virus causing the largest transfer of wealth in history. What that means is that a lot of small businesses will close and never reopen. This will allow the larger businesses to absorb these smaller businesses.

That’s my guess. It’s much more cheap for them to sell online and they make more money. :/

I just can imagine the whole internet crashing for 1 week and we can’t get anything.

High street shops were slowly disappearing anyway. Covid 19 has just speeded it up.

I just can imagine the whole internet crashing for 1 week and we can’t get anything.
That would be peaceful and the TV stations would be really happy.

The big issue is when you lose power for a week. Then you have no television, no radio, no internet and no lights. That's when people come outside and walk around the neighbourhood and you meet people you haven't seen for years :)

That happened in 2007 in Perth when a lightning bolt took out the power station that provided power to the southern suburbs. We were without power for 4 days and people were walking around the neighbourhood having conversations. It was amusing and reminiscent of days gone by before cars, colour television and mobile phones.

That would be peaceful and the TV stations would be really happy.

The big issue is when you lose power for a week. Then you have no television, no radio, no internet and no lights. That's when people come outside and walk around the neighbourhood and you meet people you haven't seen for years :)

That happened in 2007 in Perth when a lightning bolt took out the power station that provided power to the southern suburbs. We were without power for 4 days and people were walking around the neighbourhood having conversations. It was amusing and reminiscent of days gone by before cars, colour television and mobile phones.
That would be super bad for our fish. :unsure:

That would be super bad for our fish. :unsure:
My fish were fine. Battery airpumps, a power inverter in my car and a 20 meter extension cord for the TV and fridge, and drain and refill the power filters every few hours.

We had people rocking up asking how we had power so I told them about the power inverter in the car :)

My fish were fine. Battery airpumps, a power inverter in my car and a 20 meter extension cord for the TV and fridge, and drain and refill the power filters every few hours.

We had people rocking up asking how we had power so I told them about the power inverter in the car :)
Resourceful, sir! Like an aquarium preppr.

Not quite as nuts as some of those preppers, I don't have 10 years worth of food, water and ammo stashed around the house, in the ceiling and in doors :)

I usually have a few weeks food in the house but that is because I try to buy a months worth of food and groceries when I go shopping. I never manage to get a months supply but I usually get a couple of weeks worth.

I must admit I did surprise one of my sisters once. She was staying at the house while visiting from the states and was sewing a costume for the kids birthday party. She broke the sewing machine needle at about 10pm and started freaking out. I told her to shut up for a minute and she said "don't tell me to shut up". I told her shut up and tell me what size needle she needed. She said wtf? So I went into my room and dragged out a sewing kit. Took a bunch of sewing machine needles to her and said "which one do you need?" So I do have some things for emergencies :)

I had a decent first aid kit too before it was stolen. It had snake bite bandages, scalpels, tweezers, needles and all sorts of crap in it. Most doctors would have been proud to have a kit like that :)

The battery air pumps and power inverter were simply used when I went out collecting fish. I had a bunch of rechargeable batteries for them. I can't remember where we got the giant extension cord from. I know it was in the family for decades because we used to try rolling it up as kids and could barely carry it. It came in handy though because you could run it outside and across the yard and have power in the middle of the backyard.

Last edited:
I must admit I did surprise one of my sisters once. She was staying at the house while visiting from the states and was sewing a costume for the kids birthday party. She broke the sewing machine needle at about 10pm and started freaking out. I told her to shut up for a minute and she said "don't tell me to shut up". I told her shut up and tell me what size needle she needed. She said wtf? So I went into my room and dragged out a sewing kit. Took a bunch of sewing machine needles to her and said "which one do you need?" So I do have some things for emergencies :)
What on earth? :rofl: :lol:

I can't remember where we got the giant extension cord from. I know it was in the family for decades because we used to try rolling it up as kids and could barely carry it. It came in handy though because you could run it outside and across the yard and have power in the middle of the backyard.
So, you are telling me you have a family heirloom extension cord? Love it!

So someone I speak to on another forum says he had a jab and the next day he felt like an elephant had made love to him and all his bones were aching.

I've had a sore arm for 3 days after every injection I've ever had. Every flu jab over the last 20 years has given me a 3 day sore arm; even local anaesthetic injections at the dentist leave me with a sore jaw for 3 days. So it was no surprise that I had a sore arm for 3 days after the Covid jab.
The day after I had dose #1, I did wake up with a fuzzy head and during the day I developed a temperature of 38 deg C when normal for me is around 36.5 and I felt very tired. It felt like I was starting a cold but without the sneezing and runny nose. The next morning I woke up and apart from the sore arm I was back to normal.

The side effects were at lot less than having a cold and it won't stop me having the second dose or any future boosters.

My husband just had a sore arm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back