FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fweatherz

Reaction score
This is my fist time setting up a community tank with a male betta as the centre peice. I have 3 other successful community tanks right now! I have a 26 gallon bowfront tank that is currently cycling and im having trouble find accurate answers/find alot of mixed answers to a few questions i have!
1. With this size tank, would i be able to put anything else in with the betta and rasboras???
2.If the answer above is yes!! I would like to add a little more colour, but tetras can be nippy so any other suggestions?
3. Which order would be best? Establish the community fish first or the betta?

I believe you could add a school of neon tetra as well. And maybe a Nerite Snail of t wo and/or a small group of corydoras. I would introduce the other fish first and then the Betta. If after day or two the Betta is not getting along with the other fish, you should have a plan B...another tank to move the Betta into. It would be a good idea to have a fair amount of plants in the tank. Bettas like large flat leaves to rest on such as on an anubias plant.

In my 10 gallon tank, I have a Rose Petal Betta, 5 harlequin rasboras and a lone neon tetra (last of a group I had) and a large Nerite snail. It worked out well in my tank.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back