Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Betta with Harlequin Rasboras and?????

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Fweatherz, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Fweatherz

Fweatherz New Member

This is my fist time setting up a community tank with a male betta as the centre peice. I have 3 other successful community tanks right now! I have a 26 gallon bowfront tank that is currently cycling and im having trouble find accurate answers/find alot of mixed answers to a few questions i have!
    1. With this size tank, would i be able to put anything else in with the betta and rasboras???
    2.If the answer above is yes!! I would like to add a little more colour, but tetras can be nippy so any other suggestions?
    3. Which order would be best? Establish the community fish first or the betta?

2. Fishmanic

Fishmanic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

I believe you could add a school of neon tetra as well. And maybe a Nerite Snail of t wo and/or a small group of corydoras. I would introduce the other fish first and then the Betta. If after day or two the Betta is not getting along with the other fish, you should have a plan B...another tank to move the Betta into. It would be a good idea to have a fair amount of plants in the tank. Bettas like large flat leaves to rest on such as on an anubias plant.

In my 10 gallon tank, I have a Rose Petal Betta, 5 harlequin rasboras and a lone neon tetra (last of a group I had) and a large Nerite snail. It worked out well in my tank.

#2 Fishmanic, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019