Bamboo Shrimp Kebabs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

From what I know, no. They can be solitary. I love these guys. They have feather hands!! That is just pain cool.

Just remember no copper!

I've never heard of anyone in the hobby breeding them, so it's probably not that easy.
Yes, from what I have read the fry go through planktonic stages moving through different degrees of salinity. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to breed in any type of aquarium setup. This site explains the breeding a little more and why it is difficult....http://www.petshrimp.com/bambooshrimp.html
Very interesting stuff nonetheless.

Drew

I've never heard of anyone in the hobby breeding them, so it's probably not that easy.
Yes, from what I have read the fry go through planktonic stages moving through different degrees of salinity. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to breed in any type of aquarium setup. This site explains the breeding a little more and why it is difficult....http://www.petshrimp.com/bambooshrimp.html
Very interesting stuff nonetheless.

Drew

not too bad, though i never had problems with any of my cichlids. they love something to hang on to over an air stone. given enough food, you don't see them on the tank floor too often. that said, different shrimp do act differently, and some like to walk the tank.

What is the kebab bit all about?
Was this to attract attention?

Anyways,

No, not really, they wont eat fish flake. Try some frozen artemia target fed through a pipet.

Cheers,

Maximus

Okay. I am buying one, and also, once I find them, glass shrimp. Just to mention, my aquariums have copepods and nematodes, which are about the same size as artemia, and the nematods are even smaller. So if one drifts by, a mini meal.

all i do for food is crumble up flake, i also use fresh chicken, roast, this a rub between my fingers till the water is cloudy. yes i know, this will cause real problems with the water. however it does not and never has for me. though a big external filter may have something to do with that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back