Back to black

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
nice, I like it. What plants did you get?

Really like the tall plants at the back by the vals. Are they hygrophila?
Hygrophila costata at the back. The leaves are much longer and more blade shaped than the hygrophila corymbosa I have in the smaller tanks. As soon as they have settled I will trim the higher leaves to try to get them to bush out more.
Cryptocoryne wendtii in the front.

Slight change. I have pinched off some of the higher leaves as they were a bit straggly. It does appear to have grown up a bit (could be my imagination though). I assume the straggly leaves are because they were grown emersed. In any event I'm away for a week so it will be Friday before I know how its working out :)

A week on and another water change done. So far so good. When I got back on Thursday the sword was floating. Replanted it and the BN promplty ripped it out again so I had to relocate it. Found a bunch of crypt floating today and replanted that. I have retrieved my floating anubias and attached it to a rock. That was me being lazy, it was way easier than trying to pull out a piece of wood, or find a place to stick it :whistle:

I also added a second heater so now the tank has no single points of failure. I'm going to leave it for a week or two and then get rid of the vals. They do look good from a distance but up close its clear they are surviving rather than thriving in the very soft water. The hygrophila is doing well so I guess I won't need them anymore.

Since I had the dSLR out today I decided to give it a go. Just for fun I stuck 2 graduated ND filters in front of the lens totalling 6 stops between the left and right sides of the tank (please ignore if you are to young to know what that is :rofl: )
SMG_6578.jpg

No post processing whatsover besides cropping.
SMG_6578_SM.jpg

Last edited:
Where does your pleco knock about in this tank? Does he fit in them coconuts lol

Mine likes to rearrange my substrate for me. Loves digging by rocks :grr:

Where does your pleco knock about in this tank? Does he fit in them coconuts lol

Mine likes to rearrange my substrate for me. Loves digging by rocks :grr:
No he doesn't fit. He does head but them out of the way when cories take algae wafers in there. He spends a lot of time around the wood on the right and likes to sleep on the tubes on the back wall.

No suprise he likes the dark side. I did wonder where he could sleep because he looks a fair size from the videos youve put on.

Mines probably around 6 months old now and hes changed colour which i thought was pretty cool :cool:

If your glowlights have fry take a picture of them and post it. I would like to see how tiny they are. I have 8 glowlights but no fry :no: so far.

If your glowlights have fry take a picture of them and post it. I would like to see how tiny they are. I have 8 glowlights but no fry :no: so far.
They spawn quite regularly but I have never had survivors. There are over 30 corys and 45 tetras in the tank so I'm not going to hold my breath.

I do get the occasional pencilfish fry. But they hang out in the frogbit roots so I have no chance of spotting them until they are big enough to come down and feed with the masses.

I have been thinking of changing my 55 gallon tank and removing the castle and adding some tree stumps for a natural look and adding frogbit. :unsure:You got me interested in it;). I am thinking of doing it this summer when it is not so cold out:/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back