Axalotl Or How Ever Its Spelt....advise Please

england

channa aka snakehead
Reaction score
keeping these guys any advise would be apprechiated

i have a spare 3ft tank filter is matured and i can turn the flow down to nearly offvery slow flow,,,

feeding ive heard meal worms/wax worms blood worms etc,,,,,

my lfs has two big ones about 7inches or more,,my wifes fallen in love with them

keeping these guys any advise would be apprechiated

i have a spare 3ft tank filter is matured and i can turn the flow down to nearly offvery slow flow,,,

feeding ive heard meal worms/wax worms blood worms etc,,,,,

my lfs has two big ones about 7inches or more,,my wifes fallen in love with them

Hey Nelly
they're simple enough to keep really, living best at room temperature, (at work their tank is at 16-18C)

they also do best with no substrate, or large gravel that is too big to swallow, (they may be ok on sand but i've heard some stories of it irritating and causing redness to the gills)

youngsters spend a lot of time around the surface so like a few floating plants but at 7" i guess they will stay nearer the bottom

pretty much any meaty or pellet food will be taken,

Also an air pump might be a good idea as although they prefer still waters they like high O2 levels

If u need them sexing i can do that, quite simple to look after, i was feeding mine on large fish pellets and river shrimp :)

Can feed them all sorts but then need plenty of flow rate and coolish water.

Dont keep fish with them as their more than likely end up as food for them. or they may peck at the gills which can kill them.

Breeding is not easy, but a breeder i know puts them in their fridge for a couple of week to induce them.

I LOVE THEM!!! THEYRE SO CA-UTE!!! lol im nawt very helpful, but heres a link to a site i found: LINK made me sad :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back