Video A Little Video Of The 900 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well with everyone else posting videos of their big tanks i thought i should have a go. I'm not sure how this will come out, it seemed to stop and start a lot when i played it but that could be my internet speed? I'm trying to compress the file to get a smoother run but if anyone has any tips then feel free to comment.

Please note that the food was onlt being added to get the fish moving about, at the proper feeding time i add a lot more food so that everyone gets their share.

Very cool tank my friend, makes my 80 look like a 10 gallon, here I was hoping for a 150. How do you clean such a tank and can we see a full shot of it, How long is that baby??

Its 8 feet long and 6 feet from front to back, what you can see in the video is pretty much all of it. cleaning is just like any other tank but takes longer and the equipment is bigger, i syphon the substrate with 30mm hose.

Superb, Dean. Even the aquascape is nice... :D

:eek: even without any real plants!! Be carefull George with comments like that you might get dragged into the darkside of the hobby :p

It is a dream tank. I love the stocking! Every area and level of the tank has activity. I am very jealous and I can see why people love these monster fish now. When I win the lottery... :rolleyes:

No need to win the lottery, i am far from rich. These tanks dont cost as much as you think to buy and set up, its just the running costs that can be a killer, but if you keep things simple and dont go in for fancy gadgets and lighting that burn up electric then you can keep the costs quite reasonable.

Thanks for the nice comments everybody.

Im coming up to my forth year on this fish site, and everytime i see a post i rush to click. Everytime im amazed with your truely epic swimmers you care for. With it being the monsters to the little ones, it takes great love in what you do to keep it moving. Awsome 900 BTW, Arrow is looking healthy and the peacock looks energetic and happy. Great stuff.

The stocking list is on page 2 but here it is again

1 silver arowana
1 dorado
6 redhook silver dollars.
1 peacock bass
5 stingrays (2 motoro, 1 orbygini, 2 yepezi)
1 Lithodoras dorsalis
1 Ageneiosus polysticus
1 Liearus pictus (big brown catfish you can see in the video)
2 lima shovelnose catfish
2 spotted talking cats

...damn...

£3500 for a 900 gallon tank is completely brilliant

My 50G tank cost £350

900 gallons is 18 times more, 350x18=6300

Thats amazing.

How do you set up a tank like that? Do you do it yourself or get people in to make them?

Reckon you'll ever try and go more than a 900G tank?

what is the exact stock of that monster???

1 silver arowana
1 dorado
6 redhook silver dollars.
1 peacock bass
4 stingrays (2 motoro, 1 orbygini, 1 yepezi)
1 Lithodoras dorsalis
1 Ageneiosus polysticus
1 Liearus pictus (big brown catfish you can see in the video)
2 lima shovelnose catfish
2 spotted talking cats

Im looking to add another 5 red hooks, 3 rays to make pairs from the ones i already have and a couple more peacock bass, plus there's a SA lungfish and a couple of true parrot cichlids ive got growing out that will go in there in a few years when they are big enough, and that should be about it.

I'd like to house a stingray how many u.s. gallons does 1 need to be happy?

One day i will have a larger tank. When we move out of London the plan is to buy a place with enough land to build a much larger fish house which will contain a tank in the multiple thousands of gallons, most likely of concrete construction with a fibreglassed lining.

Its not a matter of volume to keep stingrays its a matter of the tanks foot print (the floor area of the tank), they need space to move around freely and since even the smallest species will grow to at least 12 inches across the disc, not including its tail, they need a lot of space. The minimum foot print size requirement for stingrays is around 72x30", which coupled with 24 inches of height gives you a tank in the region of 200 gallons or so.

One day i will have a larger tank. When we move out of London the plan is to buy a place with enough land to build a much larger fish house which will contain a tank in the multiple thousands of gallons, most likely of concrete construction with a fibreglassed lining.

Its not a matter of volume to keep stingrays its a matter of the tanks foot print (the floor area of the tank), they need space to move around freely and since even the smallest species will grow to at least 12 inches across the disc, not including its tail, they need a lot of space. The minimum foot print size requirement for stingrays is around 72x30", which coupled with 24 inches of height gives you a tank in the region of 200 gallons or so.

I'm upgrading to a 300g salt tank and the back of the wall will be covered in rock. Would that be a good size for a stingray?

It all depends on the foot print, a lot of big tanks tend to just be tall with no extra depth.

You know these are freshwater stingrays right ?

WOW i take it the 25% water changes involve a family get together
it still looks bare without a school of neons

i showed my other half that vid in the hopes she would let me build one and she thought i was winding her up she swares blind its a vid from southend sea-life-center

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back