9" - 10" Pet Cichlid?

Just got home. Only thing is i cant get the d@mn thing out the car on my own so i have got to wait until the missus gets home from work... :rolleyes:

First thoughts on the EBJD are.... hmmm.... Not sure. He might be for sale shortly. :sad: Just not what i was expecting for some reason, even though i have seen James' pair. Not that i am dissapointed of course. :D The Synodontis is ok, but the same applies, not really my cup of tea i don't think. :/

So... The Oscar might be back on the cards... :huh:

I feel the same about EBJDs, i love them when they are small and metallic marbeled blue, but don't like them as they get older, i prefer a normal female JD.

About the photo thing, you could always stick a logo on them in the future with some detail on it, the website URL and your name ect!! :good:

im going to , i have also made the albums in my photobucket private :good:

Just got home. Only thing is i cant get the d@mn thing out the car on my own so i have got to wait until the missus gets home from work... :rolleyes:

First thoughts on the EBJD are.... hmmm.... Not sure. He might be for sale shortly. :sad: Just not what i was expecting for some reason, even though i have seen James' pair. Not that i am dissapointed of course. :D The Synodontis is ok, but the same applies, not really my cup of tea i don't think. :/

So... The Oscar might be back on the cards... :huh:

It goes without saying, i've said it all along. Its a shame, they are beautifull fish IMO, although some do grow up a little on the "odd" side. Its not that EBJD's don't float your boat, i think its more the specimen! Some grow up and just look well proportioned, others seem to become top heavy. Its odd, and rather hard to describe, if i can find a video to show what i mean i suppose it would be easier. I've seen a video of a chap on youtube who keeps a group of about 6-7 in a 400L. They ALL swim rather top heavy, with their head often almost sunkern from the body and have little to no movement along their flanks, except the external fins.

Its a shame, you not going to keep him a while and see if he grows on you (or the missus)? Time may show you he has a wonderfull personality? If i had a tank going i'd SNAP him off your hands just to give him a home :)

Thanks james. He has gone to wharf now unfortunately.

Back to the sevs, what are the smallest readily available other than rotties?

Gutted, nevermind. You really did want rid of him didnt you lol!

As far as i'm aware rotkeils are the smallest aren't they?

Yeah but not readily available though round here mate. I am desperate for an oscar, but this will seriously limit my options. I reckon the jade eyeds would be ok with one though as they don't take no sh...!

rotkeils and heros severus both get around the same size . have a look on aquarist classifieds theres usually a good deal of sevs on there is this for the 48x18x18? if so id avoid an oscar . its also worth considering that while green , gold and red spotted sevs can reach 10-12" its more usual that they are a bit smaller than that so may not be completely ruled out

Its a 270 litre bow front. It is massive in the flesh. Well, in the glass?! I would only be buying a little tiddler and then get him a new 5x2x2 when needed. Idea with the sev was to be able have it with current stock. Are sevs laid back? I had a 2 rotkeils and the male was a swine to the female.

lol i know what you mean mate !! maybe best to look for a rotkeil for now then , and get a red spotted once you get the 5x2x2 .

I would love some mouth brooders, but they're like rocking horse poo around here. I've had Rotties before and not too sure on them any more. Would have to go for a gold or red spot sev if i was having one.

Most reactions

Back