60l planted Betta smaragdina tank - pic heavy!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Bettafix is indeed dilute melafix. Because bettas are usually kept in small tanks, it is easier to measure the amount needed with a bottle of more dilute chemical.
All the -fix treatments are not recommended with labyrinth fish.

What is the brand of light on the tank?

The white light is the 3W light you get with the aquamanta xanti aquarium kits and I'm not sure about the purple one - my parents got it for me for my house plants years back! Still digging out the old aquarium stuff and should have a second of the aquamanta lights burrows somewhere which I can put on when I get my job lot of 50 random plants :)

Bettafix is indeed dilute melafix. Because bettas are usually kept in small tanks, it is easier to measure the amount needed with a bottle of more dilute chemical.
All the -fix treatments are not recommended with labyrinth fish.

Thank you! Will avoid in the future :)

The white light is the 3W light you get with the aquamanta xanti aquarium kits and I'm not sure about the purple one - my parents got it for me for my house plants years back! Still digging out the old aquarium stuff and should have a second of the aquamanta lights burrows somewhere which I can put on when I get my job lot of 50 random plants :)
Ok! I was just asking because I love the look of it, and how small it was. :)

Ok! I was just asking because I love the look of it, and how small it was. :)
Yeah, it's a really pretty light! Hit lucky and got two on them when I bought a second hand Xanti a while ago, just not sure if 3W will be enough... Guess it's just a case of wait and see :p

Tank on 03.10.19 - starting to clear up but also looks like I killed some of the plants in transferring them over but hopefully have a big delivery coming next week to replace them!
MVIMG_20191003_174537_resize_45.jpg

Tank on 03.10.19 - starting to clear up but also looks like I killed some of the plants in transferring them over but hopefully have a big delivery coming next week to replace them!
View attachment 94297
Looking good! Im really liking the emergent plant look myself. I started a cylinder shrimp vase a couple weeks ago ( will cycle for at least 6 weeks before add shrimp).
What plants did you order to replace the ones you lost?

Looking good! Im really liking the emergent plant look myself. I started a cylinder shrimp vase a couple weeks ago ( will cycle for at least 6 weeks before add shrimp).
What plants did you order to replace the ones you lost?

I ordered a job lot of 50 random excess plants, so I'm not quite sure what I got... Will post pics from my phone in a sec! I'm hoping not to have to cycle for toooo long, but am obviously testing it to make sure it's actually cycling rather than just jumping in early!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back