Fishless Cycle Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i think i will be lucky if my tank turns out half as good as yours. i bet it was still worth the wait! :good:

Wow, the wife has even had a look and liked your pictures, I guess you have to pass 100 days of fishless to get her attention :lol: . Really happy for you and certainly like your aquascaping and the good fish choices!

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks everybody. The fish seem happy and even the phantoms are starting to loosen up. I am thinking the sand was a good choice.

I guess the only tricky part so far is in feeding, especially the rummys. With all the water movement from the filter outlet and the Hydor circulation pump, the food really moves around and I am not sure the rummys are getting enough, especially with the quick foxes snapping everything up. And the rummys don't seem to take from the bottom. Anyone got any tricks?

I'm having nearly the same problem having recently cleaned my pipes and getting really strong flow from my eheim and having added the hydor like yours. Just have to play with it and be creative, trying different things I think. I've been putting out some flake away from the strongest flow and then also doing right away a pinch down in the water so that it drops and blows around quickly so that the lower fish get some while the top feeders are busy.

WD

I'm having nearly the same problem having recently cleaned my pipes and getting really strong flow from my eheim and having added the hydor like yours. Just have to play with it and be creative, trying different things I think. I've been putting out some flake away from the strongest flow and then also doing right away a pinch down in the water so that it drops and blows around quickly so that the lower fish get some while the top feeders are busy.

WD
Ha ha, I have been doing the "pinch down in the water" thing too, right near the outlet so it circulates in front of the fish. Also using sinking bottom feeder wafers, which I crumble up and let sink at about a 30 degree angle from the horizontal. It's like a game.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back