17gal high tech nano aquarium journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

moonmist

Reaction score
IMG_8779.jpeg

Last night I got to set up my new nano tank! Iā€™ll be posting updates later tonight when I add some plants :)

Looks brilliant! One thing I'd suggest before you fill it up just pinch the end of the wood with some plyers or try and rough them up in some way, the cut edges look un natural when everything else here does - for example you've done a great job of making all the striations in the rocks line up not only with themselves but also the angle of the wood - you can really see how this could have formed naturally by the flow of water.

Wills

Looks brilliant! One thing I'd suggest before you fill it up just pinch the end of the wood with some plyers or try and rough them up in some way, the cut edges look un natural when everything else here does - for example you've done a great job of making all the striations in the rocks line up not only with themselves but also the angle of the wood - you can really see how this could have formed naturally by the flow of water.

Wills
That is such a good idea I didnā€™t even notice!! Thank you I will definitely do that too :)

Looking GREAT so far!! Definitely following!

I know these photos are not *the best* for showing off whatā€™s inside but Iā€™m a little self conscious of my little plantlings they are still getting used to the new tank šŸ˜…

Tomorrow will officially be week 1 of cycling. So far so good. No fish, just plants right now. Iā€™ll post better pics later, just thought she looked so pretty with the night light had to show it off :) good night!

Attachments

• IMG_8844.jpeg
    IMG_8844.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8846.jpeg
    IMG_8846.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 31
I know these photos are not *the best* for showing off whatā€™s inside but Iā€™m a little self conscious of my little plantlings they are still getting used to the new tank šŸ˜…

Tomorrow will officially be week 1 of cycling. So far so good. No fish, just plants right now. Iā€™ll post better pics later, just thought she looked so pretty with the night light had to show it off :) good night!
P.S I know my wallpaper job is so bad and nobody will notice until they read this but yeah you can see all the bubbles in the backā€¦which I WILL be redoing this weekend šŸ˜‚

Hereā€™s a little update so far:

I have a photo of the first day I set it up, and the second photo is one I took today. Huge difference! Itā€™s been a little under a month so far. Canā€™t wait to see how it looks with fish! :)

Attachments

• IMG_8794.jpeg
    IMG_8794.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9036.jpeg
    IMG_9036.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 34
Some bonus pics. Might need to get some iron supplement for the red plants

Attachments

• IMG_9043.jpeg
    IMG_9043.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9045.jpeg
    IMG_9045.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9046.jpeg
    IMG_9046.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 35
Some bonus pics. Might need to get some iron supplement for the red plants
Is that why my red plants arenā€™t very red!!!!! Well guess I need to go get an iron supplement. The tank looks great!! Do you have any ideas on what you are going to stock it with?

Is that why my red plants arenā€™t very red!!!!! Well guess I need to go get an iron supplement. The tank looks great!! Do you have any ideas on what you are going to stock it with?
Omg right! They were so vibrant before. Iā€™m hopeful the supplements will help. And yes Iā€™ve been wanting to get a school of ember tetras and some variety of orange cherry shrimp! I havenā€™t decided on what kind exactly, thereā€™s so many to choose from lol

What kind of Hydrocotyle is that you've got growing over the wood? Is it Verticulata or Vulgaris? I've never seen it grown like this, looks brilliant!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back