129G Planted Oddball Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AshleyGracie said:
Wow! Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thank you so much! We worked on the other caves today :D

Here are some piccies. As you can see the first one we made dried, and is quite light. We may paint it with black krylon fusion.
SAM_3844_zpse5dc1e96.jpg

SAM_3845_zpsb6dd4c0b.jpg

SAM_3847_zps4c78f83f.jpg

SAM_3846_zpsa9a506a2.jpg

SAM_3848_zpse79be4db.jpg

SAM_3849_zpse9a51d85.jpg

SAM_3850_zpsd02591c7.jpg

Wood came in today! I forgot to get a pic of the big box and taking them out and such.

They're in the tank now, not stinking :lol: They don't look..how I was expecting?
Slightly disappointed but I think I will love them after they sink and get some plants on 'em. I do love the smallest one though, it would make a good tree! I may keep it for this tank rather than the 10. :p

I also really like their colors :)
SAM_3855_zps810667f4.jpg

SAM_3856_zps3559bf6e.jpg

SAM_3857_zps19448f66.jpg

SAM_3858_zpscb628b5a.jpg

SAM_3859_zps42b1af91.jpg

Beautiful pieces!

I agree, the colours are nice too!

I agree, the wood looks amazing!  Not sure why you're disappointed with it - what were you expecting to be different?  They look great to me.

This is just a personal thing for me because I know you've had compliments about your background, but I feel it detracts attention away from the natural wood.  Photos of wood aren't necessary when you've got such beautiful specimens in the tank! :)

The smallest piece of wood would definitely make a good tree.  A tree should really be the focal point of a tank and it works best in grassy, high-tech landscaped tanks where the tree can be centre of attention.  I feel the effect would be a bit lost in this tank with so much else going on.  I'd say keep it for your small tank if you want to have a go at making a tree!

The pipes are looking great too but are they still crumbling when dry?

I think it's just me staring at the pictures too long. He has them in one position in the pic, so when I got them I couldn't even tell they were the ones I ordered really. It's me being weird
laugh.png

I can understand that about the background. I can't have it a solid color though or I won't be able to see the BGK.
sad.png
I'm upset it's bubbling..hoping the plants will cover it up.
Then again with the plants covering it up we probably could've done a solid background. Too late now >.<

Hmm..alrighty. It will go to the 10g then
happy.png
I  hope I can make it work there.

Glad you like the caves! They only crumbled the first day of curing, on the second they were really tough. So after a week..unless I drop it, it should be okay.
Even then it'd probably be fine but I still want to handle them carefully
tongue2.gif

Wood does look awesome!

Will be a fab looking set up when everything is completed and moss or something growing etc, ooh, you're getting there! 
laugh.png

Hurry up! 
tongue2.gif

Lol, only joking, take your time and get everything they way just as you want it. 
wink.png

Ch4rlie said:
Wood does look awesome!

Will be a fab looking set up when everything is completed and moss or something growing etc, ooh, you're getting there! 
laugh.png

Hurry up! 
tongue2.gif

Lol, only joking, take your time and get everything they way just as you want it. 
wink.png
Thank you! This is me hurrying up :p

brilliant work nin!  I love the way it is coming together, looks great~!

Seeker said:
Looks great!
smile.png
Thankies! :D

Rexenator said:
What kind of sand did you end up using again?
Just regular black petco sand :)

BigTuna said:
brilliant work nin!  I love the way it is coming together, looks great~!
Thanks so much! ^.^ The smallest piece of wood sunk already hehe.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back