129G Planted Oddball Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

AquaPit said:
Wow.. i wish i had those... beautiful!
Thank you! I wish they were here already :p

Where did you buy the wood was it relatively cheap?

Believe this is the website :p manzanita-driftwood.com
Wheres your free third piece ninj? is it a surprise :D

Toaster said:
Where did you buy the wood was it relatively cheap?
As Saw said, it's from manzanita-driftwood.com
smile.png
They have buy 2 get 1 free, and I love a lot of the pieces he gets in.
It was not cheap. The first piece was 25$ and the second was 50$, shipping was 38$. Ouch ouch ouch. We want the tank perfect though.
tongue2.gif

The shipping depends on where you live (I think) and weight (the wood I got was big and chunky) so if you're wanting some wood I definitely recommend checking that site out and contacting them for a quote.

sawickib said:
Believe this is the website
tongue2.gif
manzanita-driftwood.com
Wheres your free third piece ninj? is it a surprise
biggrin.png
Noo
tongue2.gif
It's just that it's going into the 10g which I have on THIS thread.

Here it is though, 12x11x10
IMG_3647_zps2fe58fd9.jpg

This looks good. I'm going to try to make some caves like this for my 55G. How is the quikrete holding up?

Thanks! It seems quite tough and should be fine to use. Just give it time to cure :) I think it takes a week.

On the second or third day it was already too hard for me to break so unless you try to stand on it or drop it on hard flooring I'd think it should hold up well.

The wood should arrive Tuesday, 3/25.

Small update. Got some food for the future inhabitants
smile.png
 Still need to get some other foods of course.
SAM_3809_zps0a4b05d1.jpg

SAM_3813_zpsf2015ed3.jpg

Earthworm sticks? Wow! I have never heard of them before!

Is this Ken an earthworm king or somethng?! Haha

AquaPit said:
Earthworm sticks? Wow! I have never heard of them before!

Is this Ken an earthworm king or somethng?! Haha
They're home made I think. Or manufactured using his recipe. I was recommended to his site kensfish.com by some friends on here. The package arrived very quickly. ^_^

I read that the bichirs like earthworms..so I thought earthworm sticks would be perfect. c:

Oh wow :) I just clicked into this out of curiosity, and I've read all the way through. I love this setup; the wood is beautiful, and the caves look fab.  Can't wait to see it inhabited.

sawickib said:
Yea my fish go crazy when they get earthworms haha.
Good to know hehe C:

Seeker said:
Oh wow
smile.png
I just clicked into this out of curiosity, and I've read all the way through. I love this setup; the wood is beautiful, and the caves look fab.  Can't wait to see it inhabited.
Thank you so very much for the lovely compliment! I wish this was moving along more quickly but ah well. It'll be worth it for the fish to go straight into a good tank for them.

Most reactions

Back