129G Planted Oddball Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropical_Dave said:
i like how the caves have turned out, ive done the same thing with pipes and black sand, nice way to give the fish a hiding place that blends in pretty good
smile.png
Glad you like them! We don't like that it's shiny on the inside so probably going to coat those in sand too. But with the black paint if we miss any spots it won't be as noticeable if we had left the PVC white.

Wow......this is looking amazing!

I can't wait to see it planted and full of fish.....it will look fantastic!!!

I love the PVC pipe idea! I wouldn't imagine the pipes would look too shiny in the tank, as most of it would be shaded? You could always just coat the entrance in sand to save you silicone and sand?

If you don't mind me asking, how much has cost you? Looks like quite an expensive project! I hope the power bill won't go up too much!

Your power plugs look so strange :lol:

Blondielovesfish said:
Wow......this is looking amazing!

I can't wait to see it planted and full of fish.....it will look fantastic!!!

I love the PVC pipe idea! I wouldn't imagine the pipes would look too shiny in the tank, as most of it would be shaded? You could always just coat the entrance in sand to save you silicone and sand?

If you don't mind me asking, how much has cost you? Looks like quite an expensive project! I hope the power bill won't go up too much!

Your power plugs look so strange
laugh.png
Thank you & I hope it does! Also glad to see you around again 
flowers.gif

Trust me with me & my dad..we'll notice the shiny ._. We have lots of leftover sand as he bought 11 20lb bags, and then we had 2 other ones from christmas.
laugh.png
The silicone isn't too expensive thankfully.

Hoping powerbill doesn't go up too much either.
Honestly can't remember the prices for everything (I'm sure my dad does, will ask him & pm you.)

Don't judge our power plugs! :c

Ninjouzata said:

i like how the caves have turned out, ive done the same thing with pipes and black sand, nice way to give the fish a hiding place that blends in pretty good
smile.png
Glad you like them! We don't like that it's shiny on the inside so probably going to coat those in sand too. But with the black paint if we miss any spots it won't be as noticeable if we had left the PVC white.

yeah the insides of mine are white too, i did the first inch inside the pipe, but i might have to do the rest so it doesn't stand out too much,

Ooh would like to see pics Dave if/when you can!

:lol: Daize!

Great work ninja! You must be really pleased with progress. I am. :p

sawickib said:
Lets see some more pics ninj! haha
Okay c:

TallTree01 said:
Great work ninja! You must be really pleased with progress. I am.
tongue2.gif
Very pleased! & Thank you
laugh.png

I have only a few pics, we havn't really done much else except add the 2nd canister. It's not even turned on yet though as we're waiting on more media to arrive in the mail.
Also as am sure ya'll can see, the background has some bubbles in it
confused.gif
Dad tried smoothing them out but didn't work. They're not TOO noticeable imo, and should be covered up by the PVC and plants. Hopefully.

SAM_3592_zpsd0839e1c.jpg

SAM_3593_zpsa536a4bc.jpg

SAM_3594_zps40707daa.jpg

SAM_3595_zpsb70a6910.jpg

mancin said:
This looks great so far!! Looking forward to seeing additional updates.
Thank you! I'm sorry I missed your response :C

sawickib said:
Nice, its going well!
Thanks! The place I want to order driftwood from got some new pieces in today and I LOVE one of them..going to talk to dad about it when he wakes up.
I want to post a pic of it but would rather it be a good surprise if we are able to get it, and if we can't get it then don't want to be like well here's this awesome dw I can't get
tongue2.gif

*Edit* The rest of the media should arrive on wednesday! :D

Still missing some ducks or wolves maybe.

techen said:
Still missing some ducks or wolves maybe.
I will try and include a duck for you :p

Ryan10 said:
Very nice.  It's coming along great.
Thank you so much :D

AquaPit said:
Bubbles? What Bubbles??
tongue2.gif
They're all gone now C:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back