10 gallon stocking idea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Someone is taking my paradise fish this afternoon, the person told me that my fish would be in a 20 gallon and that she will add other fish like cories or bristlenose. I am happy that she will finally get a big enough tank to live in and some friends :) I hope home depot will get the sand this week because my LFS has pygmy corys and it's very rare!! I also have a new little addition to this tank, a purple mystery snail! When it will be bigger I will put it in my 55 gallon
So happy your fish is going to have a better life. I know it may be hard, but in the long run, your fish will be happy; and that’s what is important. :)

Can female betta be agressive with tank mates? I mean with pygmy cories... My LFS has a lot of female betta right now and I saw a video of a 300 gallon betta sorority so that's why I am interested :) If there is any chance the betta would kill pygmy corys I would not take the risk for sure. I am still unsure on the upper fish specie, there are also a lot of boraras species so that makes the decision harder.

Can female betta be agressive with tank mates? I mean with pygmy cories... My LFS has a lot of female betta right now and I saw a video of a 300 gallon betta sorority so that's why I am interested :) If there is any chance the betta would kill pygmy corys I would not take the risk for sure. I am still unsure on the upper fish specie, there are also a lot of boraras species so that makes the decision harder.
I wouldnt do it in a 10 gallon, but in a bigger tank it might work

Likewise, I would not. With nano fish, leave out bettas (whichever gender). Except for the "nano" species of gourami all the anabantoids are not advisable.

To be honest I think I might get a betta and shrimps. This tank makes me want to get a betta and do a blackwater tank so much!

I think I have watched this video at least a hundred times in the last few months lol. The rabbit snail also looks amazing I think I also need one

Be careful about a betta with shrimps. Some bettas will leave shrimps alone but others will kill and eat shrimps. I've had both types of betta. When I got my current betta, I had to rescue the remaining shrimps that were already in the tank after he killed some of them.

Be careful about a betta with shrimps. Some bettas will leave shrimps alone but others will kill and eat shrimps. I've had both types of betta. When I got my current betta, I had to rescue the remaining shrimps that were already in the tank after he killed some of them.
Yes I will be careful :)

I agree. Look for the temperament of the betta, before adding shrimp. You can see in the pet store, if they flare very aggressively. If you choose to get one that isn't doing that, check it when you get home with a small mirror.

I agree. Look for the temperament of the betta, before adding shrimp. You can see in the pet store, if they flare very aggressively. If you choose to get one that isn't doing that, check it when you get home with a small mirror.
A lot of the bettas at my LFS are with other fish so I think that gives me a chance to get a more peaceful betta because they would remove it if there was any problems. :)

A lot of the bettas at my LFS are with other fish so I think that gives me a chance to get a more peaceful betta because they would remove it if there was any problems. :)
That sounds like a good idea. :good:

Let me present you my own (cloudy) betta paradise aquarium (without betta)! I added 2 peice of wood wich looks kind of weird because the texture of the wood is not the same but I think it will look good when the anubias and moss will grow on the bigger wood. I will go back to my LFS this weekend, they were adding new bettas to the aquariums while I was there...

Attachments

• 1594839692616385862106.jpg
    1594839692616385862106.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 75

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back