10 gallon stocking idea

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hi, I decided I was gonna sell or give my paradise fish because I know she deserves more than a 10 gallon tank. I feel bad about keeping her for so long because it's pretty clear she's not happy in that tank and I think it stunted her growth. I don't know what fish I could have in a 10 gallon tank so I would like to have some ideas.

A school of 7 or 8 endlers would look nice. 5 pygmy corys on the bottom would work. Or a couple small sized loaches. Other good options are: female betta, celestial pearl danios, oto cats (planted only), neon or cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras, nerite snails

Get more wood, branches if you can (these are hard to find, I know) but another chunk or two of wood would be good. Cories of all sizes love browsing and grazing surfaces. My pygmies are rarely on the substrate...in fact, about the only time they are is when they are fed shrimp pellets. The daphnia and Bug Bites they grab mid-water, or off plant leaves of among floating plant roots.

I was going to post a video of this, but it says the file is too large, so I will have to make a short one when I feed them tomorrow, if I remember.
I would be interested to see the video :) Thanks for the informations!

A school of 7 or 8 endlers would look nice. 5 pygmy corys on the bottom would work. Or a couple small sized loaches. Other good options are: female betta, celestial pearl danios, oto cats (planted only), neon or cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras, nerite snails
I already decided my stocking but thanks. I will get 10 pygmy cory and 8-10 boraras brigittae.

Manage to get a shorter video, of the C. pygmaeus feeding on bug bites this morning. All seven are up on the leaves of the sword plant and the chunk of wood. The plant is in terrible shape, I stuck it in this tank as I had no where else when I moved, and it is not getting enough light, but that doesn't matter. This tank is the 29g blackwater set-up not finished as I need more branches to complete the aquascape.

Attachments

• C. pygmaeus feeding on bug bites.mp4
    6.3 MB
Manage to get a shorter video, of the C. pygmaeus feeding on bug bites this morning. All seven are up on the leaves of the sword plant and the chunk of wood. The plant is in terrible shape, I stuck it in this tank as I had no where else when I moved, and it is not getting enough light, but that doesn't matter. This tank is the 29g blackwater set-up not finished as I need more branches to complete the aquascape.
Thank you for the video, also I would really like to see the tank when it will be finished :)

I have 2 white cloud mountain minnow in my 55 gallon, I have never mentionned it because I am not so proud of it... I got a small group of them 3 or 4 months ago because I wanted another fish with my paradise fish, she ate I think 3 of them in 2 days. The temperature is not suitable for them in the 55 gallon so could have a small group of them with the pygmy corys and boraras brigittae? I tried to sell them but they are not very popular where I live so I have to keep them... Please don't judge me on that, I have learned from my mistake.

I have 2 white cloud mountain minnow in my 55 gallon, I have never mentionned it because I am not so proud of it... I got a small group of them 3 or 4 months ago because I wanted another fish with my paradise fish, she ate I think 3 of them in 2 days. The temperature is not suitable for them in the 55 gallon so could have a small group of them with the pygmy corys and boraras brigittae? I tried to sell them but they are not very popular where I live so I have to keep them... Please don't judge me on that, I have learned from my mistake.
White clouds should have more swimming room I think than a ten gallon :)

White clouds should have more swimming room I think than a ten gallon :)
Yes, it is recommended to keep them in a tank no smaller than a 20g high tank, or a 25g tank. (Base dimensions of 60cm x 30cm)

The best solution would be to find them a new home that suits them (with another aquarist). This is one of those situations many of us find ourselves in at one time, where for whatever reason we have a couple of "x" fish that don't fit anywhere, and we don't want more of them, so you need to find the best option if you can't give them another home. My neighbour gave me a "gift" a friend gave her at her retirement, of a 1 liter box with three white cloud mountain minnows. The neighbour did not want them, and knowing I had tanks, gave them to me. I gave them a far better home, but there were only three of them, I didn't want them or any more, and they went in one of my largest tanks which was the best fit though certainly not ideal.

The best solution would be to find them a new home that suits them (with another aquarist). This is one of those situations many of us find ourselves in at one time, where for whatever reason we have a couple of "x" fish that don't fit anywhere, and we don't want more of them, so you need to find the best option if you can't give them another home. My neighbour gave me a "gift" a friend gave her at her retirement, of a 1 liter box with three white cloud mountain minnows. The neighbour did not want them, and knowing I had tanks, gave them to me. I gave them a far better home, but there were only three of them, I didn't want them or any more, and they went in one of my largest tanks which was the best fit though certainly not ideal.
Ok I will try to rehome them, thanks.

Someone is taking my paradise fish this afternoon, the person told me that my fish would be in a 20 gallon and that she will add other fish like cories or bristlenose. I am happy that she will finally get a big enough tank to live in and some friends :) I hope home depot will get the sand this week because my LFS has pygmy corys and it's very rare!! I also have a new little addition to this tank, a purple mystery snail! When it will be bigger I will put it in my 55 gallon

Some stores will hold fish, you may or may not have to pay a deposit, but if you want say 12 pygmy copries, ask them to hold back 12 for "x" weeks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back