Your Favourite Fish To Watch?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Green barbs! One of mine perished to a fungal infection. He was a strong adult with a crooked tail. 

Guppies... lots of em'... iridescent and all the colours of the rainbow. 

As a complete contrast... a shoal of majestic Angel fish.

Both need to be in a well planted set up to be seen at their best.

I like watching my gourami. When I turn to look at them they'll stop and stare at me. Sometimes they'll flare up and turn dark when they see each other, but they cant attack each other as I've got a barrier separating them. Sometimes I want to take out the barrier, but then I know how well that turned out when I put them together without the barrier.

I love watching my female gudgeon when I'm next to the tank. She'll stare at me and swim up with her fins flared to get my attention.
wub.png

I think Favorite, my male GBR, is the prettiest in my community tank, but Matthew McConaughey, my (veil tail?) cherry barb is the funniest to watch. His caudal fins are extremely long, and he likes chasing around my females. He's claimed one half of one of the planted ends of my tank, which is where he brings the girls in one at a time for a bit of debauchery. ;)

I also really love to watch all of my Snellies cleaning the glass (olive nerite snails). I like the way their little tongue things look.

I would have to say two of my guppies (yellow and pink)

They like to swim to the bottom of the air stone the let the bubbles push them to the top the swim back down and do it again. They do this for minutes at a time and its really funny cause it looks like they are racing to see who can get to the bottom of the tank first

TigerOscar11 said:

They like to swim to the bottom of the air stone the let the bubbles push them to the top the swim back down and do it again. They do this for minutes at a time and its really funny cause it looks like they are racing to see who can get to the bottom of the tank first
Pink guppy? This I have got to see. Have you got pics?

TallTree01 said:

Having trouble getting a shot, they are swimming like crazy with each other atm and wont sit still -.- ill put one up asap

TallTree01 said:

I cant get a clear photo of mine as they wont sit still, but i checked it on google images and this is almost exactly what mine looks like

pink-guppy1.jpg

I have a couple of pink guppies too.   Mine are a tad lighter than yours though and an even shade of pink.  Love watching them.  :)  I only have Mollies and Guppies and it depends on my mood which I prefer more to watch.  If I am having a good day and just want to relax I will be more apt to watch my Guppies.  If I need a pick me up or some energy... the Mollie tank is where I'll be.  My Mollies are such little characters! 

My favourite is my Hypostomus Plecostomus ; I love the way he floats around the tank and he winks at me (well it looks like). I also like my Thorichthys Meeki ; he is elegant in the water and Im waiting to get him a Female. They have some in Sefton Meadows but they are not ready yet. Chris

My huge weather loaches..they're best friends with my albino african clawed frog and they pester him all the time!!
Plus the frog itself...he's hilarious when he just barges everyone out of the way and sometimes grabs the fin of my huge syno and gets towed around the tank!!
And one more...my two fire eels...love they way they move and they're so friendly and playful.

OK, so I don't have many fish in my tank at the mo, but you can tell when Ember Tetras are happy because they play by "surfing" in the stream from the filter. They rush towards the water flicking one way then the other, then bail out and ride the "wave" down the tank. Is great to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Back