Would You Drink Your Tank Water?

I'm going with Sharon on this one. I'd have to be very thirsty to even consider the possibility. I have some minor clue of how much stuff is living in there and I don't want any of it in me.
 
I've drank plenty, none intentionally.
likewise :hyper:

I accidentally drank some once, I thought it tasted better than the tap. Granted, I can't stand the chlorinated taste of the tap, so I don't know if I could be considered unbiased. :lol:
True. I won't drink bottled water. End of story. I hate it and don't really understand the point. If I had to choose between a bottle of water and tank water, I'd pick the tank. I know thats weird, but bottle water is like my pet peeve :rolleyes: .

totally agree :good:
 
hubby does all my water changes for the tanks and does the old syphoning method - suck and go lol
so he accidentaly drinks lots lmao unfortunately it didnt hurt him --- only joking i love him really ;)
 
Iwould drink it if i needed to as said in tap water there is nitrAte and traces of ammonia and chlorine. in my tank there is NitrAte no chlorine or ammonia. Its simple math....

As to RO water you need to make sure its not too pure as it can make you ill as it will start striping the goodness on your stomach lining

Small amounts via syphoning is fine.
 
Only if I had no other choice.

I have just because of siphoning but not on purpose.
 
I have just read through this and am amazed at how many people start a siphon with their mouth. It is easy to start a siphon by submerging the hose in the tank, placing a thumb over one end and then putting the other end in the bucket. When you remove the thumb, the water will flow and your mouth will still be dry.
 
I'd rather deal with the occasional tablespoon of water rather than trying to wrangle my entire siphon hose into my aquarium.
 
i just use a siphon that has this blue thing that you squeeze to start it off, simple!

i have only sucked a tubing once (when i was setting up a tank at fish shop) and like above it was too long to fit it into the tank! and yes i got some water in my mouth.
 
To use the method only enough hose needs to go into the tank so that when you pull it back out the trapped water goes below the level of water in the tank. I hate my python for all the water it wastes but I like the long hose so I put 2 or 3 feet of that long hose into the tank and pull back all but about 6 inches. Because the water in the hose is well below the top of my tank, the flow starts as if by magic and it flows even better as the hose fills up.
 
I hate my python for all the water it wastes but I like the long hose so I put 2 or 3 feet of that long hose into the tank and pull back all but about 6 inches. Because the water in the hose is well below the top of my tank, the flow starts as if by magic and it flows even better as the hose fills up.

Gravity is free :) I have a python as well but I don't use the sink attachment for anyting other than filling the tank with the proper water temperature. I just fill up the gravel vac part and let gravity do the rest. By the time the water gets to the end of the hose I have fantastic suction. The best part is it wastes zero water.
 
My siphon has this plastic bit with a valve at the end so all I do is shake it up and down and the water comes out easily.

I didn't think people still sucked on the tube to start it. :lol:
 
Geez!!... I'll drink my own bath water if push comes to shove.... If I can find any good reason to, yes... I'll drink the water... (have had some (accidentally) from the pond already.
 
I'd drink it out of my own tank or pond - dog and cats only drink from the pond (before you ask I do put bowls out for them but never yet caught them using them)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top