Would You Drink Your Tank Water?

I've drank it before ( not intentionally), and would do it for almost free. It dosent bother me. I've drank water out of streams, and streams are bound to be more polluted than my tanks.
 
I have just read through this and am amazed at how many people start a siphon with their mouth. It is easy to start a siphon by submerging the hose in the tank, placing a thumb over one end and then putting the other end in the bucket. When you remove the thumb, the water will flow and your mouth will still be dry.

With risk comes thrills. :lol:

Many of the siphons I use have around 20" of black pvc on each end, great for cleaning bare tank bottoms. I got black tubing cheap, a few feet connects the pvc. You can't see through them to see where the water is when you start them. They are also a major pain to fit into a tank to fill completely, which is a good idea for folks who are nervous about getting their tonsils rinsed with tank water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top