• Position #5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So these are all the positions I'm looking at for the tank!
20230511_210946.jpg

#1 This one offers room all around and is centered.

20230511_210846.jpg

#2 This is off-set diagnoly but still centered. It gives a smaller amount of room around but still looks nice and does give plenty of space near the bottom for fish and plants.
20230511_211209.jpg

#3 This one i found out wont work cause when i put the sand in, it will be too tall to place in the tank. But still vote for this one if you like it! I just want to see which position is everyone's favorite!
I love this one cause it gives a ton of space for bottom dwelling fish, while also giving good hiding spots under the wood and a place for top dwelling fish to go around. It really fills the tank top to bottom which I love!
20230512_113448.jpg

#4 This one is like the first, except its pushed all the way back, not giving much room for anything behind the main part of the wood but gives lots of room for the front and two sides.
(Sorry for glare, took pic this morning)
20230512_130241.jpg

#5 This has to be my next favorite. It's offset diagnoly and also has been pushed to the right side a bit. The pic doesn't show it well, but there actually is a good amount of space for the front and DEFINITELY the left side. Lots of opportunities for this position.
(Sorry for glare, took pic this morning)

I'd love to hear any recommendations as well!

They literally all look the same except number 3 😂

What do all sides of the wood look like? Is it just that piece you have or will you be using another bit together with that piece?

What do all sides of the wood look like? Is it just that piece you have or will you be using another bit together with that piece?
The other side of the wood is pretty ugly lol I could take a pic if you want me to...
And I'll have to see what other wood pieces in the tank look like. I have one I MIGHT use, and one I definitely WONT use lol

Ultimately its whatever looks good to you, you're the one that has to look at it every day! Play around with the other bit of wood and see what you can come up with

#3 You could glue it to a piece of slate as a base for stability and partially bury it in the sand.
I thought about that, but burying it partially would ruin the amazing look of the bottom part of the wood and the hiding spaces it provides. But I absolutely LOVE the vertical position... Wish the tank was a WEE BIT taller for it 😅
Ultimately its whatever looks good to you, you're the one that has to look at it every day! Play around with the other bit of wood and see what you can come up with
Thanks! Appreciate it!

Could you put some small rocks around the base of option 3 so you can have deeper substrate around it but shallower I’m that section to keep the caves? The advantages of height in scapes for me is massive, big line of sight breaker if you have any fighting fish, big structural shelter for nervous fish, really strong aesthetic too.

The third photo position is frankly the only one that this wood is suitable to, because it is the only photo making use of the wood shape. Push the end into the sand. And, move the wood off-centre; centered wood always looks "artificial" and maks the tank space seem smaller. Try the wood with the bottom end close to the left rear corner, extending out into the space. Experiment with this positioning to find the "right" corner. This piece of wood correctly placed will make the space seem larger, and that is beneficial.

If you put the wood like 3 only a little further left, and put a smaller piece of wood or a nice rock about 1/3 from the right side, that could have a nice effect.

The third photo position is frankly the only one that this wood is suitable to, because it is the only photo making use of the wood shape. Push the end into the sand. And, move the wood off-centre; centered wood always looks "artificial" and maks the tank space seem smaller. Try the wood with the bottom end close to the left rear corner, extending out into the space. Experiment with this positioning to find the "right" corner. This piece of wood correctly placed will make the space seem larger, and that is beneficial.
Ooo!!! I kinda eye balled this by taking the wood, lifting it, and tilted it back just a bit and it looks really good!!!
Then I tried laying flat but backwards and it actually creates a very natural river look. I'll have to take a pic!
But yah! That may definitely work!! Thank you so much for the idea!!
If you put the wood like 3 only a little further left, and put a smaller piece of wood or a nice rock about 1/3 from the right side, that could have a nice effect.
I could try that... Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back