• Position #1

• Position #2

• Position #3

• Position #4

• Position #5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 is nice. If you had another piece it could really look great.
I have one other piece of wood... But it's spider wood and I'm not sure how well it'll mix with this wood

I could try that... Thanks!!
To give you an idea of how I see it in the minds eye.

You could have a piece of wood that leans the same way for a visual flowing effect.

20230512_184041.jpg

Or you could create a sort of arch with something that goes the other way...

20230512_184101.jpg

Or you could have a rock or piece of wood that this piece sort of hangs over.

20230512_184129.jpg

To give you an idea of how I see it in the minds eye.

You could have a piece of wood that leans the same way for a visual flowing effect.

View attachment 318031

Or you could create a sort of arch with something that goes the other way...

View attachment 318032

Or you could have a rock or piece of wood that this piece sort of hangs over.

View attachment 318033
Oh cool! I don't think that's the look I'm exactly going for though...
I have a lot of river rock that is around 2-4 inches that I will be placing around the tank along with a ton of plants...
Maybe I can go to a stone yard and see what they have as far as larger sized river rocks and how much they are...

Oh cool! I don't think that's the look I'm exactly going for though...
I have a lot of river rock that is around 2-4 inches that I will be placing around the tank along with a ton of plants...
Maybe I can go to a stone yard and see what they have as far as larger sized river rocks and how much they are...
I would never pay for stone.
I just go to my local state parks away from people, and take whatever I want.

I would never pay for stone.
I just go to my local state parks away from people, and take whatever I want.
Around here there is a lot of bad pollution in the rivers... I wouldn't trust it... If it was an option I would, but there are too many risks in my area...
The neighboring town has a monthly sewage spill, I swear 🤦‍♂️

So here are some more possibilities....
20230512_210250.jpg
20230512_210419.jpg
20230512_210610.jpg

For this one though, I'll have it part way in the sand with some rocks supporting it so it can be tilted back and then it will be able to fit in the tank!
I might be able to do that...
Then plant the right side of the tank and a bit behind the wood as well.
20230512_210943.jpg

The fourth option I think will work better, as the wood makes an impact in the upper water column. You could always get a cople more smaller pieces for the substrate; if you do this, get two more, not one, because two of anything immediately draws attention to itself, making the space seen smaller again, whereas three does the opposite. As in flower arranging, one or three or more, never two.

You crack me up, Rocky. You are so funny and smart and cute.😘😘😘
My autistic brain being unable to understand what this really means or what it has to do with the conversation at hand 😵‍💫

It was an overview comment, as In reference to the few past posts of yours I‘ve seen. Sorry if I offended/confused you. My intentions were the exact opposite.

To me, position 3 is the most attractive (uses the nice wood to its potential), the others are nice, but less so. However, it all depends to a large extent on how else you fill up the tank (plants, rocks). I am partial to largish rounded-edge river stones as specimens. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back