wonky cats

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
got the rest of my peru order via over night courier this morning and all weren't looking too fantasic but...

2 of the spotted shovel noses and 1 of the sturgeon cats are doing fine now.

although 2 of the spotted shovelnoses are on there side and very weak.

the 2nd sturgeon cat is swimming aorund upside down at the surface.

They have all eaten some live bloodworm so thats a start!

isa there anything else I can do to help the weak? I also put a bit of Melafix in.

Dark tank, pleanty of aeration but little current, so use a airstone, and a half dose of melafix and thats about all you can do except for keeping your fingers crossed.

Good luck with them.

And dont feed live, feed frozen, you dont want the risk of disease etc. adding to the problem..

Ben

Since these fish are wild caught and only recently imported from the wild it may be the case that they will only accept live foods for a while, if this is the case its far better to take the relatively minor risk of parasites than it is to have an already weak fish starve to death.

I'm pretty sure they have been fed on froozen bloodworm already but I'll be feeding this tonight along with some anyways just incase.

you jinxed me shark lover...

both of the bloody sturgeon cats are dead now and it was whilst i was at work so not even sure if I can claim them.

really really _ _ _ _ _ _ off right now

Im sure you can blame the issue on the handlers fault and have them replace them, or maybe even a disease.

they were dead within 48 hours of arrival then claim a refund. If they say your water quality is off then you need to prepare to rip massive chunks out of your suppliers head...

Ben

It all depends if they were covered by just a live arrival guarentee or whether they have a extended guarentee. In most cases when bringing in wild caught fish they will only be guarenteed to arrive alive and as soon as you have signed for them they are your responsibility.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back