wonky cats

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yeah iniatially the guy said 24 hours from my arrival.

seeing as i didn't tell him about the fish until after work(after 24hours) i was quite worried about it.

he's come up trumpts though and on re turn of the dead bodies he will refund me.

he wasn't but now he says my ph is too high and aint gonna refund me.

at 7.7 it is a bit high side but the water from peru was 7.5.

I suggest you get seriously pissed off with him. Don't take any Sh*t off him. You are within your rights if all the stock has died. Your water will be absolutely fine, and especially if you have acclimatised them properly, .2 on the pH scale will NOT kill the fish.

You need to show him that you are not a beginner and that you KNOW that this difference in pH wont have killed the fish.

Ben

sad they died, but good you can get refunds. I rarely get a fish back to health once it's lying on it's side or upside down or even swimming noticably wrong. They were probably doomed before you ever saw them.

Just an afterthought but is it possible the same thing in the water that killed your ray recently could also have affected the new cats?

But as Bunji has said if he's using the old pH scam then give him hell as there is no way a 0.2 difference would cause the fish to go belly up like that, fish go through changes larger that as a daily occurunce in the wild as CO2 concentrations in the water rise and fall during daylight/night time hours.

CFC said:
Just an afterthought but is it possible the same thing in the water that killed your ray recently could also have affected the new cats?
yeh I thought about that, but I didn't think I would mention it to him!

The water in his bags though came in at 7.3, so maybe he's been fiddling about with the PH too much.

He's refusing to give a refund now so I'm pushing for atleast half of what died.

is there a reverse action of pop eye?

he sent 4 different osporsadoars (sp???!!) 2 being mouse catfish which died farely quickly they had whuite spot so maybe they didn't respond well to it :/ and the others seemed fine (2 of each species) although 1 died friday i think it was and then the other one died tonight and it's eyes are sunken into it's head quite a bit.

i take it was some kind of internal diesease.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back