White patch suddenly appeared on head

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

TraskU

Reaction score
Iā€™ve had this Betta for not even a week now. This morning he looked fine but I went to turn the tank lights off and he had some white patch on his head.

Here he is two days ago:
aa2lE2E
Ipom7Xb

And here he is now:
Zbjuno9

I have no idea what this could be, anyone here know if itā€™s an infection or if I should do anything?

Thank you

Hi!

Unfortunately the pictures did not show up. Could you upload them to the post or use a photo sharing website and add the link?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Most fish health issues are caused by poor water quality and too much food. Try doing a75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week and see how he looks.

Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Upload your images to imgur.com then paste the link here.

My little Crowntail Syd had a white spot on his head, lethargic had and fin problems when I first rescued him.. After keeping his hospital jar at 82-85 degrees for two days the dot came off his colour and demeanor improved immensely. I have been keeping his jar warm and doing 50-60% water changes every day for 6 days and he eats like a champ, begs for food, playful and swims all over. Just keep him warm and with clean water and see how he is. Most of all don't over feed him either.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back