Where Will Liverpool End Up In The League 08/09

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I would never have dreamty that he would get locked up for some quite serious stuff!!! I'm secretly hoping that it effects his form, I'm clutching at straws here as you can see
It's an alleged assault, so even if guilty it's hardly "serious", so the time he spent in the police station the other day is probably about the only time he'll spend "locked up". After all Cantona assaulted someone in front of hundreds of policemen, thousands of fans and millions of TV viewers and he didn't get locked up ;) I'd guess at worst case he'll get a bit of community service, a warning and a fine.

It could affect his form though, Arfie

I've been a criminal solicitor in Merseyside for 7 yrs and think he may have a little more to worry about than that. Affray is a serious offence and so is section 47 assault. Whether he is guilty or not it will head to crown court as too "serious! foer the magistrates as the guidelines say that he could get more than 12 months custody for that due to the lack of tooth, stitches in face and use of a glass ( based upon what papers say anyway). And if hes found guilty after a crown court trial he would get no crdeit and he could be in a bit of bother.

I was surprised he was charged and not police bailed as CPS review the evidence before charge and they don;t make many quick decisions now. There must have been a fair bbit of evidence that points at Stevie G... in my oipinion of course

I hate Gerrard, he always performs for Liverpool but not as good for England :/

what a player though I'd love him in my team!!

saying that he looks a right miserable bugger on tele. My boss paid over £500 at a charity do to go to Melwood and meet all the polayers and have pic took with each one. the one with Gerrard is hilarious, hes turning and walking off before pic finished and he had to be acalled back by photographer for another , plus he was the only one who didn;t shake hand or put hands on shoulders etc

my boss asked him for a 3rd autograph cos hes the main man and his reply was"are you taking the piss", the staff all said on the tour have you met the Grouch cos thats what hes known as yet Torres, crouch, Carra etc were meant to lovely and a pleasure to be around

I've been a criminal solicitor in Merseyside for 7 yrs and think he may have a little more to worry about than that. Affray is a serious offence and so is section 47 assault. Whether he is guilty or not it will head to crown court as too "serious! foer the magistrates as the guidelines say that he could get more than 12 months custody for that due to the lack of tooth, stitches in face and use of a glass ( based upon what papers say anyway). And if hes found guilty after a crown court trial he would get no crdeit and he could be in a bit of bother.

I was surprised he was charged and not police bailed as CPS review the evidence before charge and they don;t make many quick decisions now. There must have been a fair bbit of evidence that points at Stevie G... in my oipinion of course

If he's glassed someone then he deserves to get time, but then I don't believe too much of what is in the press and to be honest I've not read that info anywhere. I would still be amazed if he gets anything other than the warning, fine, community service though. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never sees the inside of a courtroom.

I hate Gerrard, he always performs for Liverpool but not as good for England :/

He's hardly unique in that is he? Players played in a poor system with unsuitable team mates for years. Rooney's hardly been prolific until the last few games, Lampard was poor, the defence was laughable, the wingers have all been average at best and the goalkeepers ........

what a player though I'd love him in my team!!

The man speaks sense! Then again I don't think he'd be the same player for you or the rent boys as he is for us. Some players just belong at a club, Gerrard and Carragher are two of those.

Arfie

If he's glassed someone then he deserves to get time, but then I don't believe too much of what is in the press and to be honest I've not read that info anywhere. I would still be amazed if he gets anything other than the warning, fine, community service though. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never sees the inside of a courtroom.
Arfie

hes bailed to be there so he'll definately be there or warrant issued. trust me on this one the reviewing process for charges is pre charge now and very litte gets kicked out at court. for that offence no chance of warning or fine. guideline penalty for both is high community penalty or custody especially if group action, weapon used and injury caused resulting in scarring etc

fa cup draw 4th round
Ties to be played over the weekend of the 24-25 January

Liverpool v Everton
Southampton or Manchester United v Tottenham
Hull or Newcastle v Millwall or Crewe
Sunderland v Blyth or Blackburn
Hartlepool v West Ham
Leyton Orient or Sheffield United v Charlton or Norwich
Cardiff v Arsenal
Portsmouth or Bristol City v Histon or Swansea
Chelsea or Southend v Ipswich
Cheltenham or Doncaster v Aston Villa
West Brom or Peterborough v QPR or Burnley
Torquay v Coventry
Kettering v Fulham
Watford v Leicester or Crystal Palace
Derby v Nottingham Forest
Birmingham or Wolves v Middlesbrough

liverpool will play everton twice in a wk and SG has hes court that wk as well

Liverpool and Manchester Utd both have tough draws, Chelsea are struggling and Arsenal’s trip to Wales will be no walk in the park, so perhaps we face the prospect of another non-big four victory in the FA Cup.

Everton haven’t won at Anfield since 1999, and the bookies will almost certainly fancy the league leaders. However, the last time the two sides met in the FA Cup, the Toffees walked away the victors (February 1991 in a fifth round second replay), and it wouldn’t be completely out of the question for Senor Benitez to prioritise the Premier and Champions Leagues.

Funny how often that happens, we draw the team in the cup that we are playing that same week in the league.

I wouldn't mind too much if Rafa prioritises the League over the FA Cup, after all he played pretty much the first team against Preston and now Alonso (who has been great this season) is injured. Then again it's 20 years since Hillsborough :rip: so a cup win would be nice.

I'm glad we didn't get Spurs though :lol: but I suspect Utd will batter them.

After Liverpool vs Everton I think the tie of the round is Derby vs Forest, the Cloughie derby in the cup will be special, I might try and get tickets for that one.

At least I only lost a couple of quid betting on Preston winning 1:0 with Mellor to score. Couldn't resist at 120:1 though :lol:

Arfie

Robbie Keane has completed his sensation £16m transfer back to Tottenham Hotspur from Liverpool.

The 28-year-old has returned to Whit Hart Lane just six months after moving to Anfield in a £20.3m deal.

"It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham in the summer," Keane told Spurs' official website.

"It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down by leaving but I can assure them I shall be giving my all for this Club - this Club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support.

"We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy added: "We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer, we acknowledged the six years dedicated service he gave this Club and reluctantly let him go.

"I am delighted that he has chosen to return to us. We can all recall the passion and fight he displayed during his previous seasons with us. I know he is determined to give us his full commitment."

Keane made 28 appearances, scoring 7 goals, during his brief stint at Anfield.

It's an odd one this, my best guess is that Rafa was trying to break him into the team and "style" (and I use the word lightly) of play and Keane moaned about being subbed, after all he's been the top man at Spurs for ages.

We paid too much for him and to be honest £16m back is a result! But I am dissapointed as he's a player I've admired for years and I do think if played right he could have been a good player for Liverpool. Sadly he didn't really show much of it in 6 months and the first time he did he was dropped.

Oh well, onwards and upwards :)

Arfie

It's an odd one this, my best guess is that Rafa was trying to break him into the team and "style" (and I use the word lightly) of play and Keane moaned about being subbed, after all he's been the top man at Spurs for ages.

We paid too much for him and to be honest £16m back is a result! But I am dissapointed as he's a player I've admired for years and I do think if played right he could have been a good player for Liverpool. Sadly he didn't really show much of it in 6 months and the first time he did he was dropped.

Oh well, onwards and upwards :)

Arfie

someone was saying today he was a Parry signing rather tha Rafa as he wanted to spend the cash on Barry

he was too expensive but still a goofd player in my opinion and I don;t think I' be alone in suggesting that Rafa ruined him as a Lpool player. He is too good a player not to have fittd in at some point

someone was saying today he was a Parry signing rather tha Rafa as he wanted to spend the cash on Barry

I don't completely buy that, there is no way that Rafa wouldn't have gone public if Parry had bought without his consent. He may not have been his first choice (Barry) but you can bet that he was well aware of it.

Rafa is not shy of going to the press if he's unhappy (something I really don't like about him!) and I don't think Parry has the spine to get involved against the most popular manager we've had since King Kenny.

Keane is a good player and he would have fitted in in some way eventually so I can only assume that he either complained too much or wasn't putting in the effort on the training ground? Some managers can be really stubborn with discipline and accept no nonesense from any player no matter who he is, Rafa is one and Sir Alex is another, look at how he got rid of Beckham, RVN and Roy Keane when they caused him problems!

Now we need another striker unless Ngog, Babel or El Zhar is nearly ready to make the proper step up. We definately need a real right winger and if we do maybe Kuyt can step up as the second striker?

Either way, after a "disasterous" run we are still 2nd in the league, unbeaten against everyone bar Spurs (how ironic), 2 points behind the Premiership, European and world :rolleyes: champions. Better points tally than last season and Torres and Gerrard are finally starting to hit a bit of the form they showed last season.

Arfie

Ngog hes a waste of space
Don't be ridiculous :rolleyes:

He's a youth player that is being gently broken into English football and the first team. I've watched him in a few pre season and reserve games and he looks pretty good and scores goals. Whether he'll be good enough to break into the first team on a regular basis I don't know.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back