Where Will Liverpool End Up In The League 08/09

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

seanie112

Fish Herder
Reaction score
being a liverpool fan good game on sat against man u !! :good:

but where will we end up in the prem league will we win it for the first time or will we full away from the leaders by xmas ??

will we win the champions league this year ??

i would like the legue this year as we havent win it in a long time ???

let us know what you think ??????????

I think we'll be 3rd at worst, we are stronger as a squad than last year and Arsenal are weaker as a squad so we should move back above them at least. If a couple more big games go our way, we could take 2nd, who knows maybe even the title.

Despite all the garbage in the press about how poor Liverpool were last year, we were 11 points off Man Utd. Reverse both of those results (we used to beat them twice a season) and we'd have been one point in front of them. It's not THAT big a gap, add to that the fact that we were robbed against Chelsea with the penalty that never was early in the season, which cost another 2 points and all of a sudden, Liverpool weren't that bad a team. Granted though we did gain a point against Arsenal that we didn't deserve ;)

But despite this so called poor record against the other top 4 teams, we actually only lost 2 games against them and they were both to Man Utd, neither Arsenal nor Chelsea beat us.

What makes me laugh was all the Villa fans saying Barry should stay with them because they would be taking 4th place and we'd not be in europe next season :rofl: Bless 'em, they've got to have some dreams.

Should be nice 'n tight up at the top this season.

Mind you, if City buy Ronaldo, Gerrard, Torres, Fabregas, Essien, Drogba, Kaka and Messi, all bets are off :D

Arfie

I thought they played awesome on saturday, but i hope they and up in the bottom 3 :lol:

we played better on saturday we play normaly good when playing the top 4 teams but never get the luck like them its like Chelsea not lost at home for wot 3years is it or more cant remember now to long

we have got a better team now then last year but with rafa he likes the champions lge dont get me wrong i love watching the champions lge and wld like to win it again but wld like the lge more prem we never win it and its been some time now since the last one

i think it will be tight this year

if we can win our home games this season and not drop any points at home then could be good season but its the games before the champ games he always changes things around so he got hes best team for the champions i think he shld play the best team every wk and rest them 3 key players after we have one the game

all i can say is be a good season who ever wins the lge but i think we get to the knock out rounds again and mess it up in the league as normal

liverpool will not finish in front of arsenal ever.
rememebr last year when henry left. all the talk was we will not finish top 4. we shoulda won last year but for some crazy happenings at the end.
if you think about it we have only lost 2 midfeilders. hleb and flamini. but we have nasri ramsey and theo coming through to replace them. this year we have van back and eduado comign back + rosiski. if we are still up there at xmas we will finish above liverpool and i think above man u with chelsea winning it. they are just too strong this year i fear.

could be right

i dont ever think we going to win it if rafa keeps doing wot he does and that put champions lge before the league we are litlle better this year we will all have to say i still think liverpool will end up as normal fighting for fourth place thats not good enough for this team its liverpool shld be be up there fighting to the end
it will be the same last as year but chelsea winning it deco wot a player even at 30 plus years old hes on my fanzy football team

out of all the teams i want to lose it would be arsenal, just because of how many english players they have, IMO they shouldnt be allowed to have that many foreigners, not that i have anything against them but it is ENGLISH football after all.

liverpool will not finish in front of arsenal ever.
That's either a brave or stupid statement, especially when you consider that although you finished above us last year you were behind us in 2007 and 2006 when Rafa was still clearing out Houlliers rubbish.

Yes you "only" lost 2 midfielders, but Hleb was one of your best players last year and Ramsey is hardly replacement for an established premiership and international player. Yes he's young and may well be a great asset, but not for this year, he'll play about as many games this year as Walcott did last year. As for Walcott, talented, but not the answer yet, when he is, he'll be wanting to play for the team he supports :)

I know Arsenal were written off last year after Henry left and they did quite well, but the squad wasn't strong enough to cope with injuries and suspensions later on in the season, which is why you lost the title which you lead so convincingly for so long. This year you have not really strengthened (although Nasri is a great signing) and all the other teams have. And just as Walcott has grown up a bit and settled and improved, so has Babel (who I really thought Arsenal would sign) at Anfield and young Ngog who already looks good enough. Dosenna looks like he will be better than Riise and Aurelio (mind you, that's not hard!) and once settled in Keane is considerably better than any of our other forwards apart from Torres. And Riera is an actual winger and looked quite comfortable against Utd and much better than I remember him at city.

In all competitions last season, Liverpool kept the most clean sheets and scored the most goals and have since improved the defence and attack, can't be a bad thing.

Bearing in mind last season our new owners fell out with the manager, the owners fell out with each other, one owner fell out with the chief exec and the chief exec fell out with the manager, during which time we stil managed to be only 11 points off the top and another chamions league semi (but for an own goal, it would have been another final).

If the yanks sell up to Dubai, we'll be even stronger.

Arsenal need to be the first team watching out for City :p I have nothing against Arsenal, in fact I enjoy watching them, but no matter how pretty the football, they don't have the grit, even the captain went loopy last year ;) The foreign argument means nothing, how many English teams are there out there in the premiership or any top league in the world?

Arfie

the thing is the yanks will not sale to dic group

i heard to day if dic dont buy liverpool soon they going to buy in to another prem league side

we are stronger then last year and hopefully i can eat my words and go higher then 4th

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back