What's Your Claim To Fame?.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Don't Benettons exist any more? I am *so* out of touch :(

Oh I posted one of these "claim to fame" threads on our work message boards and someone was the brother in law of Jeffrey out of Rainbow - how totally cool is that? :lol:

I was on the cover of the EWS railway newspaper when i was about 4, sitting on the front of the flying scottsman. and they got my name wrong >.< i still have a copy of the paper though

"Oh umm! Some good ones here. Here's mine for what they're worth...
My second cousin was a famous classical musician. (Died some years ago and I can't remember his name)
I work for HIM. biggrin.gif
Been on tv a few times and did a radio interview last year for Irish radio (to do with the above band).
My best friends sister works for sonybmg and has met and worked with more famous ppl then you can shake a stick at. laugh.gif She's also a close friend of mine.
Her and her sister (my bezza friend) are responsible for the uprising of above mentioned band in this country and getting them signed over here in the first place.
I've met a number of famous types and failed to be starstruck at any time. Bygones.
I've yet to forgive one of the members of HIM for giving me the flu (Thanks so much you total smeghead) and Ville for smegging me off last year by practically starting an arguement in the press lounge. sneaky2.gif I shall get him back. wahey.gif
Was in a Mother and Baby mag about 8 and a half years ago when pregnant for my daughter. blushing.gif
Hugs,
P."
Really cool im not a giant fan my self but i know that HIM are huge. Wat exactly do you do?

my nephews dad is mike whitlow who used to play for bolton.
Fletcher and his family who plays for man utd lived up the road from my caravan in scotland
mark owen (take that) grabbed my bum in a london Pub/theater while jason orange was on stage
My boyfriend supplies motorbike for heartbeat and harry potter 1

My cousin starred in a film called the secret of roan inish (irish film)

My grandmother's family had tickets on Titanic but because her mom was pregnant (with her) the whole family decided to take a later boat. Whew!

My mom dated Patrick Duffy in high school, he played on that old soap Dallas.

I got to meet Charlie Watts the drummer of the Rolling Stones once (very briefly). He visited the breeding farm where I worked as I guess one of his stallions was the sire of one of their stallions and he's very into horses. There was also a couple of horses that I took care of that were owned by another famous musician but since I didn't really get to meet him it's not the same.

I also ran into James Doohan (Scottie from Star Trek) at the airport, my boyfriend at the time asked for his autograph but I don't recall if he actually got it.

I was visiting our state legislators with my sis when my son wet through his diaper and peed all over one guys floor. I didn't feel too bad since he was telling my sister that she should just institutionalize her special needs son since state funding had run out on their family assistance program. Grrr!

I met Peter Jennings, sat at his disk in the ABC news room, and got a picture of myself at his dek on the monitor. I also met Bog Saget.
My guitar teacher's brother plays golf with the drummer from Creedence Clearwater Revival.
I also play in a rock band.

Got A Few

Dad Had a Knitwear Market stall for years:
Some of his regular Customers -
Noel Edmunds - Some Jumpers made it onto Noels House Party.
Debbie McGee and Paul Daniels
Paul Merton

Dad had the original Negatives from King Geages Coronation (Donated to the Cov Telegraph) Spacker

Met A Few Bollywood Celebs as Dads a Photographer aswell, Not any of these Plastic Stars. But the Stars from the Oldies:
Rekkha
Amitabh Bachchan
SriDevi
Dharmendra
Gurdas Mann - Met him recently when he was in the country.
Hema Malini
Sanjeev Kumar
Gulshan Grover

Our Postman in Southam(Banbury) was Ian Beales(Eastenders) Dad - they still live there.

When I was in Primary School we Entered the Warwick Arts and Music Festival for the 1st time and came in Second Place - Steel Band, I played Saprano Drum.

Been in a Photoshoot with Jaguars and Pumas (Southam Zoo Curator bought them to the Studio for some Photos, It was sooooooo Heartbreaking watching them being put down when the Zoo was forced to Close. It was Located near the Sports Connexion Ryton)

Uncle Used to Live in the next road to Ramsey Street in Erinsborough.

Were Doing the Filming and all the Photographic work for Bram Shri Laxmi Narayan Dhams next Seminar @ the NEC, and he will be coming home to have dinner with us. Mum is So Hyper Planning it and getting the recipes Perfect.

Mine are mostly ridiculous:

The Gig Section
- I grabbed Fran Healy's arm at a Travis gig. It was damp.
- Gary Lightbody smiled at me because I waved at him like an idiot at a Snow Patrol gig.
- The guitarist from Electric 6 smiled at me through the entire gig and gave me an autograph at the end.
- Whilst queuing for an Interpol gig in Manchester (they're my favourite band), I saw Paul Banks get out of the nearby tourbus, get into the back of a car and get driven straight under my nose. He was reading a newspaper. Out of the 100 or so people queuing by that section of the road, I think I was the only person that noticed.
- Acey Slade from the Murderdolls stroked my arm and said he liked my top, when I saw them playing a gig with my friends band.

Spottings
- Glenda Jackson and Jon Snow during a tour of the Houses Of Parliarment
- Elton John in Virgin Megastores, Sloane Square, London. (I had to drag my mum away because she was following him)
- Prince Charlies, Princess Anne, Prince Philip, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Prince William, Prince Harry and, er, the Queen Mother's coffin during that parade thing they had for her.
- Wolf the Gladiator opening a branch of G&Ts in Bournemouth.
- Anne Widdicombe outside the conference center very early in the morning when the Tories were down here.
- James Bolam and Susan Jameson in the National Theatre cafe in London (my mum got that one, I had no idea who they were).

Tenuous Links
- I met the wrestler Sting at a WCW event in London and got his autograph.
- My Auntie Gill x-rayed Micheal Aspall after he fell offstage in a panto into a custard pie.
- The guy who played the gay guy Nick in Hollyoaks once came into the video shop I used to work in (his parents live locally apparently), but I wasn't there at the time.
- A girl I worked with at the local newspaper once saw Duncan from Blue in the town center.
- My first 'boyfriend' at school was the secret son of some guy who was in the film Beaches, but I probably shouldn't name him. But, er, it rhymes with 'schmon blerd'!
- One of my best friends was an extra in Thunderpants, and was supposed to be in Harry Potter too but she wasn't.
- I went to see a play that Lewis Collins from the Professionals was in, threw up in the theatre lobby and got a signed poster for my troubles, although I didn't actually get to meet him and he'd written 'Cheryl' instead of my name and then crossed it out and wrote 'oops!'
- Apparently someone from the band Million Dead came to one of my band's gigs a few months ago.
- I stood next to one of the boys from the Cribs in a bar in Southampton.
- My ex-boyfriend went over to talk to Eddie Argos from Art Brut in the same band and I kept staring at him because he had funny eyebrows, so he kept giving me funny looks back.
- Either me or my brother has met Kriss Akabusi but we're not entirely sure, it was a very long time ago.

You know the song "America" by Simon & Garfunkel? One of the lines is:

"Kathy, I'm lost, I said, though I knew she was sleeping"

Kathy is the same Kathy that he wrote Kathy's Song about in 64/5. She was also the love lying waiting in Homeward Bound. Kathy was Paul's girlfriend when he lived in London in 64/5 but did not move to NY with him when Sound of Silence became a hit.

Well, Kathy is my dad's best friends wife - which is kinda cool actually. They live in Wales and my dad goes to visit them quite regularly.

I have been on the next running machine to Frank Bruno - he is a big man!

I have sat next to Phil Tuffnell (while he was a little merry) at Belfast City Airport

I have also starred in a Butlins holiday camp brochure when I was about 10

My mum was best friends with the two women out of Birds of a Feather (can't remember their names)

And finally one of my mates was on BBC news a couple of nights ago as her dad had just won a big court case.

Well mine arent very good, and most of them are to do with corronation street...

I saw Kenvin the machanic (off coronation street) walking his dogs in the forest near me

I saw Les (off coronation street) at an airport

The guy who does question time walked past me at another airport, comeing back from south africa

And ive seen roy keane at another airport

And my mums was in holyoaks and was on cold feet....

Anyway, none of them very good, but thats mine 8)

Mikey

I've met Diana and Mr Miagi's cousin Lizzy (Queen Elizabeth II - for all us common folk).

I've had a meal with Paul McCartney and his now late wife Linda

My best friend at schools mother was MrsBoswell in Bread (an old uk tv series)

I ran into a shop a sent some poor bloke flying - it was Brian May (from Queen) :lol:

Tenuous:
I was on TV when I was about 9 - in Watch with mother - It was the one about dinosaurs, and if you ever saw it I was the one sitting in a dinosaurs rib cage, and playing with a T-Rex tooth saying "it's as sharp as a saw" - it wasn't :lol:

My mum used to babysit David Attenboroughs children.

My Grandfather designed the Anderson shelter (and sold it to Anderson)

I served Duncan from Blue with a diamond earring, and actually saw it on tv later that year on one of these special kids things when they were playing in newcastle

Hi,

I have been offered three documentarys, one BBC and two chanel fours but I declined all three.

They wantd to follow me for 5 months for young entrapanours and young business documentarys

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back