What's Your Claim To Fame?.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i have too many, because i'm COOL!!

tim burton & helena bonham carter walked past my office the other week. right past my door (which opens onto the street) real heat magazine moment it was. that was pretty awesome.

Well.... :D

I met the Queen when i was younger, and got my picture in all the newpapers.
ATT00004.jpg

And my cousin is in a famous band called Belle and Sebastian. They won a brit award a few years back, and wrote the title tune to the tv series 'Teachers' and were recently voted Scotlands all time best band, beating Franz Ferdinand, Travis, Snow Patrol, Texas, Simple Minds, Wet Wet Wet, Primal Scream, Teenage Fan Club etc
From the BBC's website..
"Belle & Sebastian have been named the best Scottish band of all time after a three month-long public poll."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4169075.stm :p

Paul

I have been Sean Connery, Heather Graham and Robert Caryle's body guard at the Edinburgh film festival a few years back

Well.... :D

I met the Queen when i was younger, and got my picture in all the newpapers.
ATT00004.jpg

And my cousin is in a famous band called Belle and Sebastian. They won a brit award a few years back, and wrote the title tune to the tv series 'Teachers' and were recently voted Scotlands all time best band, beating Franz Ferdinand, Travis, Snow Patrol, Texas, Simple Minds, Wet Wet Wet, Primal Scream, Teenage Fan Club etc
From the BBC's website..
"Belle & Sebastian have been named the best Scottish band of all time after a three month-long public poll."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4169075.stm :p

Paul

good work paul! quite partial to a bit of belle and sebastian, and also teachers (double whammy!). do u like belle and sebastian though?

I was in a magazine article concerning the Auburn Area Animal Rescue Foundation (AAARF)...I had a whole 3/4 page to myself and a nice little fat cat named Bubba! :D

Erm.....Stephen Hendry spilt a pint on me in Aberdeen once, then swore at me, so I threatened to punch him....:X

Also, Paul Daniels tried to chat me up on the phone once when I worked at Sky TV.....and had the pleasure of listening to the drunken rambles of McCoist and Gazza a few times....:S

....I met Glen Michael when I was little and sat on his knee but apparently was a tad scared of Palladin :*)

(half of you probably won't even know who he is!)

I met Fish when he was doing a concert in the town hall back home.....he wasn't in a good condition at the time...

Oh - and my dad's cousin is a very good friend of Ian Rankin, but that's not really my claim to fame, although I wish it was cos he's ace!
:D

My dad used to employ pat sharp to drive a van before he was famous. He still had a mullet.

I've been in the background on animal hospital (I got to see a labrador puppy pee on rolf harris).

I have Bob Nudd and Ian Heaps's autograph (google them ;) )

There are a few others I forget too!

My step dad met TakeThat in an arcade that he managed, but he threw them out cos he didnt know who they where. LOL

Pretty lame claim to fame i know

My great uncle lived next door to Sue Townsend (until his death) and I have all her books autographed to me age 14 1/4 etc from Sue age xx.

Arranged a mortgage for Kevin Davies now at Bolton

Arranged car insurance for Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Hately (ask your parents :lol: ) when he was at Rangers.

Thats about it for now.

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back