What was your first fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Store bought dechlorinated water is definitely not as good for your fish as say Seachem Prime.

It’s so stupid that people buy that “Betta water” (I believe it’s a 1g bottle) for $8 a bottle, when I can buy and treat over 1,000g for $12. :dunno:
The store bought water is usually reverse osmosis water and should be free of chemicals, minerals and chlorine/ chloramine. If you keep soft water fishes and live in an area with very hard water, then it would be better for the fish.

The store bought water is usually reverse osmosis water and should be free of chemicals, minerals and chlorine/ chloramine. If you keep soft water fishes and live in an area with very hard water, then it would be better for the fish.
But this water didn’t have anything special about it, it was just normal aquarium water.

They stopped selling it, along with live fish (thank goodness), in most Walmart’s.

Store bought dechlorinated water is definitely not as good for your fish as say Seachem Prime.

It’s so stupid that people buy that “Betta water” (I believe it’s a 1g bottle) for $8 a bottle, when I can buy and treat over 1,000g for $12. :dunno:
I use to buy the gallon distilled water for my 10 gallon tank. At that time I had no idea you were suppose to treat tap water with a conditioner. Heck, in the 80's no one even had siphons. You had to scoop and refill with a bucket. ?
It must have been beneficial I had her for 7 years!?? Still learning tricks after caring and loving fish for 30 years.??????

I use to buy the gallon distilled water for my 10 gallon tank. At that time I had no idea you were suppose to treat tap water with a conditioner. Heck, in the 80's no one even had siphons. You had to scoop and refill with a bucket. ?
It must have been beneficial I had her for 7 years!?? Still learning tricks after caring and loving fish for 30 years.??????
That’s awesome!

My first fish was a couple of sword guppies from Trinidad. My parents were so proud when they bought them. At that time such guppies became popular but pricey (in comparison to the commercial big talied ones). I'm talking about early 1970's.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back