What was your first fish

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
My first fish were 4 fairground goldfish that my children won - before I had a tank :oops:

But once they grew too big and we rehomed them to someone with a pond, I bought a heater and neon tetras.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Trout fry I caught from a river backwater when I was a kid. They didn't last long, but I was hooked.
I used to be an avid fisherman. I don’t know if Fishkeeping sort of extinguish that flame? Or I just lost interest. Either may, I don’t fish much anymore. :dunno:

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I can’t remember exactly but I think I started with swordtail, discus and common pleco, you know fish store.

smurfyy_2k3

it's a shame stupidity isn't painfull
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a few gold fish. They never lived long.

Then when I was 15 I persuaded my mam that I could look after a "real" fish tank. I got one for my 16th. A jewel rio 120l with a built in filter and heater chamber. I loved it. I had no idea what I was doing but I did my best.

I filled it with sand. And some cool blue pebbles and a led bubble that had a blue light on it.

My first fish for that was 3 gold fish i was told to put in to "get the filter ready". Then I found this place. I rehomed the goldfish to a friends pond and started my fishless cycle.

After that. My first add was zebra danios cos I knew they were Hardy and I wanted I wanted be extra extra sure my cycle was done. I left the hobby when I left home and didn't have space for a tank. But I recently bought a new tank (240l) and my first fish for that was a bunch of guppies!

Most reactions

trending

Members online