Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a spaniel of some kind

• a kind of huskie

• mutt

• Total voters
My mutt is a Norwegian Elkhound mix, I think with German Shepherd and maybe Chow? The pound didn't know for sure.

Attachments

• Copy_of_P1010081.JPG
    Copy_of_P1010081.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 98
You're still missing my herding breeds! :huh: hehe.. they may not be as common or well-known, but I personally think they're the best - soooo smart. :D I love my herding doggie - half Sheltie / half Australian Shepherd. If you ever have a chance - watch a herding breed at work, whether it be herding sheep/cattle, or doing agility. They're amazing.

P.S. haha yes... this pic is my dog.... and yes, that is a rather oddly shaped igloo I took the initiative to build.

Attachments

• calvin2.jpg
    calvin2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 103
The smartest dogs there are are Border Collies, Australian Shepherds and Australian Kelpies. Bar none.

BTW, Australian Shepherds are not from Australia. They were bred (made?) 100% in the USA.

juliethegr8t said:
smb said:
The smartest 2 dogs there are are Border Collies and Australian Shephards. Bar none.
Whoo! smb you rock!!! :hooray: Finally someone who knows real dogs ;) jk hehe.
Sorry, I edited on you. lol :)

I still agree with you tho. :)

couldn't let the spainels not have a vote. even though I have both an american cocker spainel, and a black and tan mini dachshund

My fav as you all know are Huskies. As far as the best? Well there isnt a best. Each breed has its own characteristics that make them all great.

Voted for Retrievers! Surprise... ;)

But I like Beagles and Basset Hounds too :nod:

I would vote for bulldogs if they were there!
Border Collies, Australian Shepherds
I've read that the smartest three dogs are Border Collies, German Shepherds and some sort of poodle - can't remember which one though. I was surprised because poodles always seem really stupid - I must be stereotyping because of those awful fluffy pom poms their owners give them.

Definantly Siberian Huskies! Or any sledding dog. I just wished my siberian didn't dig so many holes in my backyard- I just about break my neck trying to cut grass!

platypus said:
I would vote for bulldogs if they were there!
Border Collies, Australian Shepherds
I've read that the smartest three dogs are Border Collies, German Shepherds and some sort of poodle - can't remember which one though. I was surprised because poodles always seem really stupid - I must be stereotyping because of those awful fluffy pom poms their owners give them.
Poodles are actually very smart and easy to train. My g-parents kept them and they are very intelligent from what little I saw of them. :)

I wouldn't put them above my 3 pics above but from what I've heard from other breeders they are above German Shepherds which surprises me because GS's are #4 in my list from what I've kept or known from reading, but I've never kept poodles so can't say from experience.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back