What Football

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Manchester United and although hes getting on now when I watch Paul Scholes at the game I cannot believ how good he is with his vision and range of passing!!

I'm always surprisd when people say premirship gone to pot cos I think the standard of football is better than I can remember in 25 years of watching football.

There is just no way that non league r lower league is as good or attractive to watch. I watch Tranmere Rovers a lot and sometimes Cammel Laird and although my son loves it the football is dire!!!

I'll second that NottsFishy. Even after the poor show at home again at the weekend. Tyson still caused all sorts of trouble down the left wing. Shame there was no finishing ability to be seen on the pitch that day!

I'm always surprisd when people say premirship gone to pot cos I think the standard of football is better than I can remember in 25 years of watching football.

wouldnt you much rather watch a game from the 80's when tackles were tackles, unlike todays game when the ref blows up every 2 minutes becuase someone barely touched another player, another thing is the wages, you cant honestly say that any player deserves that much of a wage bill every game can you? and then the transfer bills, its ridiculous! I would rather watch an old game, or a lower league game any day of the week.

Chelsea and the mighty drogba - unstopable this season.

wouldnt you much rather watch a game from the 80's when tackles were tackles, unlike todays game when the ref blows up every 2 minutes becuase someone barely touched another player, another thing is the wages, you cant honestly say that any player deserves that much of a wage bill every game can you? and then the transfer bills, its ridiculous! I would rather watch an old game, or a lower league game any day of the week.

without being condescending... weren;t you born in 1993. lol

No I wouldn;t rather watch that kind of football.. I;d rather watch players like Ronaldo, Henry, Torres, Robinho in the premiership than Frank Stapleton,Steve Ogrizovic, Mick Harford and John Fashanu. Seriously people romanticise about the "good ole days2 but for football we've never had it better

As for the wages again I would not not watch a match because I was sitting there feeling jealous over the money they earn. How can that affect the spectacle or enjoyment of what you can see.Why begrudge them the cash? If the clubs are daft enough to pay the money then fair play to them. Papers.press and short minded people like to jump on the bandwagon about footballers wages but is it really any more obscene than what film stars, golfers, tennis players boxers, musicians etc earn. Its a multi million probably billion industry and I;m glad the players get a good share cos if they didn;t the chairmen would

Players get a lot of jip but they only act as humans do I;d change firms for double my wages who wouldn;t in the real world!!!

Footballers don;t deserve the wages... nurses firemen etc do but we wouldn;t pay to watch nurses and firemen and more people could become a competent firemen and nurse wheras it would be a smaller percentage who can be a top footballer and a shorter career

so no Aandrews having watched football through the 80s and 90s to the present day I wouldn;t rather watch an old match or even a lower league match now, not when I can watch Robinho, Torres etc players at the top of their craft

well, what players are going to want to leave a well paid, winning side?
a team that is fighting at the sharp end of the words most prestigious and competitive football league, with standards rising all the time, a team that wins trophies and plays year in year out in europe, cant arge with that.

and you cant deny that drogba is on fire this season. pace, power, strength. hes good with his feet, good in the air, good with dead ball situations, what more can you want. combine this with anelka, one of the cleverest players in the premiership and you have a winning combination.

well, what players are going to want to leave a well paid, winning side?
a team that is fighting at the sharp end of the words most prestigious and competitive football league, with standards rising all the time, a team that wins trophies and plays year in year out in europe, cant arge with that.

and you cant deny that drogba is on fire this season. pace, power, strength. hes good with his feet, good in the air, good with dead ball situations, what more can you want. combine this with anelka, one of the cleverest players in the premiership and you have a winning combination.

was saying before Drogba as much as I don;t like him is unplayable when on form. The complete centre forward on his day which is quite often!!!

yeah, even though im a chelsea fan, i dont like drogba when he is diving, it needs to be stamped out of football and letting eduardo off is a joke IMO. the player and the club should get a HUGE fine and perhaps the player should also recieve the ban as well. Not a fine like £30000, thats penuts to a player, it should be more like £100000 for a top flyte player.

yeah, even though im a chelsea fan, i dont like drogba when he is diving, it needs to be stamped out of football and letting eduardo off is a joke IMO. the player and the club should get a HUGE fine and perhaps the player should also recieve the ban as well. Not a fine like £30000, thats penuts to a player, it should be more like £100000 for a top flyte player.

i remember Ruud Van Nistleroy doing it which was annoying cos if hed have stayed on feet he;d have had better chance, Fergie said to press they had discusses it intrbally to sort it and he seemed to stop

yeah, i wounder that, like robbie keane saturday, i he had stayed on his feet he mihgt have scored, instead by delaying the dive, he lost out.

but IMO, if you arent going to give a foul, then book the player for diving, its consistency.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back