What Did You Do When Your Dearest/most Expensive Fish Passed Away?

I guess I cried.....I was maybe like 7 or 10 years old when my favorite fish died. It was a Pacu. We actually put her to sleep using the same stuff they use on dogs and cats....had to inject it. She's burried under the frist pink stone of our patio in the backyard.
 
When i Lost my Reed Fish I was Gutted - I dried them out and keep them along with my Farlowella.
 
I had two Bolivian Butterfly's the first one died angry intended to replace it so the other one wasnt alone and it died rage by that stage then cried. Yeah.......bit obsessive
 
my community betta, bubbles. when he died, i flushed him down the sacred crapper and went on with my day.
 
Was really depressed when I lost my 3 panda garras.

I would buy some new ones if one of the lfs brought some in as I could use the store credit I get from selling off all my endlers. But I can only find them online and as a college student can't really afford to actually pay $ them :/
 
It really is amazing how much we can be affected by a fish. PEople never understand it unless they are part of the hobby themselves.

I bury my fish in the garden and plant a flower over the top. Its great to see the flowers bloom and know that they have gotten their strength from the last deed my fish could muster. All natural, and prevents blocking the loo!
 
I get upset when ever I loose any fish, I cried like a baby when my female pearl gourami got caught under a rock and died, I felt awful, Then the next morning the male had died. I am dreading the day my two plecs go, I adore them.
 
I wanted to Dry out and Keep my Plec when that decided to Jump. WOuld have looked awesome but the wife would not let me. I was also thinking of leaving it on one of the many ants nest and letting them clean it down so I would have the skeleton.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top