What are you doing today?

Sat here with daggers in the back courtesy of the hooligans in the aquarium on the opposite wall from my pooter.

Fred is as happy as a piggy in poo, been fed and flaring at his own shadow as always........the other hooligans in the big aquarium are staring at me, I can almost hear them swearing at me cos they have not been fed.

Thing is that when I go to the fridge/freezer (which is opposite their aquarium) they assume that I am getting their frozen food.......nope, not this morning

It is water change day for them, a no food day.......so they are doing their absolute best to make me feel guilty when I go to get the milk out for a coffee etc

Going to go prepare the battlefield......towel on the top of the chest freezer to rest the aquarium lid on, get the scissors to remove the shrinkwrap off the bottles of water, move the plant and the beanbag away from the aquarium, put a towel on the small table that I move infront of the aquarium that the bucket sits on.......the moment that they realise what is coming next is when I appear from the kitchen with my blue nitrile gloves on carrying the bucket

At that point I suddenly have no fish in the aquarium cos they have scarpered out of the way :lol:

It takes longer to prepare the battlefield than it does to complete the water change :lol:

I made a spatula in woodshop class over past couple weeks
CEF525F2-4491-4DE3-A7EB-857823F2BD40.jpeg
3DA3F027-227C-401B-823E-1B55395373CC.jpeg

21 years ago today.

Let us not forget the lost, the harmed and the families left behind by the tragedy that is still claiming cherished lives.

Nor must we ever make those same mistakes ever again.

Every year I watch the national geographic stories.... Its hard to watch but I take that time and think about them. The lives lost and the heroes of 9/11... I wasn't born when it happened but I feel so deeply hurt by the pain caused on that day still.

Today my church has a booth at a street fair so I will be there most of the day. We will provide the opportunity to sign up for weight loss, diabetes, and depression recovery classes. If there's time i'll go fishing later because it's supposed to be epic :)

I am sort of watching the cortege journey from Balmoral to Edinburgh online.

One part of the journey really got to me....several farmers had lined up their tractors and combine harvesters along both sides of the road and as the hearse passed them, the buckets and other hydraulic parts of the vehicles were slowly dropped down in salute

Reminded me of how the London dockers lowered the jibs of their cranes as Winston Churchill's body was transported up the Thames.

Very touching display of utmost respect

I spent the early hours today sitting on the edge of a huge pasture, watching some whitetail deer feed about half a mile away, hoping one would wander into bow range. This did not happen, but I enjoyed watching the sunrise, sharing some fresh air with a redtail hawk, some ravens, and the occasional magpie, and just participating in creation. There's really nothing like early morning in the Wyoming foothills.

Now I am back home, sitting in my comfy chair next to the Sumatra tank, drinking tea, listening to Papa Haydn, and pondering getting off my backside and straightening up the house for church. So, not the worst day so far, even though my hopes for a late breakfast of venison steaks did not come to pass. :)

I think with added lighting it will look great!

Why do you say that? Is it because of him being on drugs at the time?
Added lighting will help me spot little flaws where the 2 colors meet and use an artists paintbrush to correct. For today I am running away from home, grandchildren birthday.

It's football Sunday here in the US. Going to watch 3 games throughout the day.
Same here although I'll switch to baseball at times to monitor. Cleveland Guardians are in 1st place but not by much. Browns/Panthers might be interesting as the Panther QB, Baker Mayfield, was traded to them from Cleveland.

I am most interested in watching the Buccaneers Cowboys game at 8 pm (ET) tonight. Gotta love Brady-- 45 year old Goat!
Also watching Pats Dolphin game at 1pm and Chiefs Cardinals at 4:25 PM.

Most reactions

Back