What are you doing today?

I finally put the spider wood into my Diamond Tetra and Het Rasbora 33g tank. I had to soak and scrub the pieces for two months before they were ready.
IMG_2372.webp

I decided to use the extra piece of actual driftwood I had to float in my 75g Congo Tetras tank. Because it floats, it is gently pressing on the glass and is being held stationary. That, with my two other large driftwood pieces create quite the scape.
IMG_2371.webp
 
Yesterday's storm fizzled when the sun came up, staying out at sea. By lunch it was sunny and breezy, but not dangerously so. We improvised our day and went for a last kayak of the regular season. Duck hunting kicks in within days, and though we didn't see a single duck for the first time ever, the marsh areas along the local rivers will be full of shotgun wielding beer drinkers. They don't share rivers safely.

It was beautiful out there, but today I put away the boats and gear - an annual autumn rite. I cleaned and water changed most of the tanks this morning. I'll let the tiny water heater recharge and finish the rest this afternoon. We're packing for a short trip, and generally prepping to be away for a few days.
 
Oldest Granddaughter is in town to do a presentation for the Montana Historical Society and so I get to see her which isn’t often and I’ll get to eat at Number One daughter’s today . It’ll be nice to NOT eat my own cooking for one day .
 
Today I get to make a return visit to see the family and wish my Son-In-Law a Happy 57th birthday . Funny how that seems young now .
Also , I get to watch TV over there too . I’ll be going over just a bit early for that . Son-In-Law has a huge TV ! I don’t know how big but BIG and it has a feature I’ve never seen before which is very , very cool . It shows FOUR different channels at the same time on the one screen . These are great times we’re living in !
 
I have a small TV, but I rarely turn it on. My mother in law has an enormous one (to help with vision issues) and I have to confess, I have thought about sneaking downstairs and watching a few Montreal hockey games on it. She says I should but I know she doesn't mean it. She has her routines.

I'm prepping to travel. I don't do bucket lists but I do have things I want to do before the wheels fall off. I'm going to see Pompei and Herculaneum next week. My little TFF accumulated days flame will flicker out!

And I guess we'll wander in Rome and Naples, full of modern people and modern things. I expect that'll interest me too. As a history person, this should be a real treat.

If we enjoy learning stuff, that's what we're here to do. I guess I have to forgive the Romans for crucifying thousands of Spartacus' rebellious slaves. I mean, we have to let bygones be bygones... Naples gave us pizza and Caravaggio. That's a better start.
 

What are you doing today?​

I've cleaned up the backyard, sweeping leaves, cutting some bushes they have grown too high, mowing the grass, cutting the hedge in the front yard. And it seemed that there were still a serious number of fish in the backyard pool. So, I've scooped them out with a big net and an extendable handle.
Did some water changes of some tanks. And now I'm a kind of tired...
 
I took all my AC 110s and AC 70s and added some more sponge, some poly fil, carbon pads for the tank needing tannin removal, and replaced my media bags with high flow media bags which allow better water flow and seem to fit better in the HOB. I also redid the attaching device for the outflow baffles making HOB servicing easier.
 
Congratulations connorlindeman…….that’s quite a good score. What are you aiming towards with this?
 
Congratulations connorlindeman…….that’s quite a good score. What are you aiming towards with this?
Thank you! Gunning for a full scholarship at a local law school. My 4.0 GPA and 170 LSAT are both well above their medians, so I’m hoping it’s possible.
Eventually, I’d like to practice in areas such as constitutional law, civil rights, government overreach, and abuse of power.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top