What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I dug out my brand new vegetable garden today. Tomorrow, I buy wood and deer fencing, and set it up so I'm not sharing with other animals. This food's for humans. It's a small garden, for tomatoes, peppers, brussels sprouts and for fun, sunflowers. I took a rotting shed and stripped it to the beams, then used old wood and plastic to make a greenhouse. I needed to extend the growing season here, and it has worked well so far. I would have made a larger garden, but the deer fencing is an issue.

I got back from a trip to Scotland and Ireland a few days ago, and experienced jet lag for the first time in my travelling life. It's been an inconvenience before, but this time, I really felt it.

17 days away with the fish unfed, and I only lost one - a tetra that wasn't looking good when I left. They're all happily eating again.

So for the rest of today, I plan to sleep. It's early night now. Tomorrow- water changes and fence supplies.

The guy next door has an old treehouse he built for his now adult kids, and we discovered a huge raccoon living in it. Since my old dog who wouldn't even chase squirrels passed away in the winter, it's incredible how quickly wildlife has moved in. Raccoons, deer at the windows. It's amazing the effect an old, peaceful, easy going dog could have on making them wary. I've spent 3 months looking at every rescue shelter within 400 km, and they seem to be empty of everything but pitbulls. I kept reading about post pandemic dogs, but the shelters around here are largely empty.

Yeah I did notice it was pretty windy earlier this morning when I let my dog out, but it seems to have settled now.

I contemplated getting a fishing kayak, but never took the leap.
I don't have a fishing kayak. I've got the Pelican one that they sell at Costco on and off.
I'm contemplating getting some sort of anchoring system for it so that the wind doesn't blow me into the bushes all the time.

I don't have a fishing kayak. I've got the Pelican one that they sell at Costco on and off.
I'm contemplating getting some sort of anchoring system for it so that the wind doesn't blow me into the bushes all the time.
If the water isn't real deep all you need for an anchor is a coffee can filled with cement and some rope.

So today I finally got a chance to do a water change on my 125 gallon, my 120 gallon acrylic, and my sister's 120 gallon. I had cut up a watermelon earlier so I brought some pieces down for the fish.
I also bought Hippie my box turtle a Boston fern so I took advantage of the time it took to fill my 125 to butcher the fern and planted in my turtle's enclosure.
IMG_20230521_122021432.jpg

I also put a new piece of wood in my 75 gallon for the eels to enjoy. Although I'm sure my plecos will get more use out of it. The fish store was going to throw it out but one of the employees saved it for herself but it didn't work out as it was just too big and oddly shaped so it became our gain.
IMG_20230521_111437866_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230521_111925439_HDR.jpg

After the water changes I did some other chores around the house, made a salmon-mac and cheese casserole, and then made dinner and cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. Finish off the day by enjoying some frozen watermelon.
This weekend has been a fishy weekend.

Going to go evaluate another SD prospect

Alexa:
You have four items on your shopping list:
A year spent sleeping in Europe;
The tears of my enemies;
A sense of the miraculous in everyday life;
and tuna.

I live in a very strange household.

@TheLavenderBadger

Most reactions

trending