What are you doing today?

I moved a deeply set stone bordering the east garden to make a rainwater channel out to the french drain. My foundation guys will thank me next week, it was pretty muddy down there yesterday. Now, scheduling and bookkeeping maybe water changes

Being totally irritated over a movie! Finally got around to watching the 2021 version of Dune with no idea it was a 'part 1' thing. Part 2 isn't expected until 10/23. I don't mind split movies but it would be nice if they let you know. If I had known I would not have watched part 1 until part 2 was out.

Still, if that is my biggest grip for the day, it must be a pretty good day. :)

Being totally irritated over a movie! Finally got around to watching the 2021 version of Dune with no idea it was a 'part 1' thing. Part 2 isn't expected until 10/23. I don't mind split movies but it would be nice if they let you know. If I had known I would not have watched part 1 until part 2 was out.

Still, if that is my biggest grip for the day, it must be a pretty good day. :)
I haven't seen the movie but I own all the books, only read the first 3, they go downhill after

I haven't seen the movie but I own all the books, only read the first 3, they go downhill after

Actually this is the third rendition of Dune. Out of the first 2 the one with Sting is by far the better. I also have all the books including those about each family.

I always thought that Issac Asimov's Foundation books would make a good movie series but would probably be even harder to do than The Lord Of The Rings. Same with Robert Heinlein's future history series but those would have to be rated a heavy 'R'.

all of those would be easy compared to Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series. I am not sure how many books are in it, I want to say over 40, I'm down to the last 3, having finally accumulated all except the anthologies of short stories

I liked the Dune with Sting except when it started raining at the end of the movie. That was too much

all of those would be easy compared to Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series. I am not sure how many books are in it, I want to say over 40, I'm down to the last 3, having finally accumulated all except the anthologies of short stories

I liked the Dune with Sting except when it started raining at the end of the movie. That was too much
I agree about the rain at the end of the 'Sting Dune movie' totally. It was like they skipped 2-3 books to make a 30 second finish.

I THINK I've read a couple of the Darkover books but am not sure. I do know that I've never read the entire series. Mayhaps that will be my next Nook series. I just don't have room for my 500+ books in printed form. I do eBooks.

Another hard book series to make a movie series would be the Witch World Series by Andre Norton. Funny thing about this author is that SHE was actually Alice Mary Norton. She wrote under a more male name for sales as, at that time, women were not supposed to write such stories. Norton also wrote a book named Iron Cage that I need to find. If I remember right it was about intelligent animals and humans being treated like lab rats by an alien race. That is one of the problems with doing eBooks as it is often really hard to find old good stuff.

Last edited:
I think I read the Witch World series years ago - before I had kids but I don't remember it well. Twins will steal your brain, had a pair.

So far the Wheel of Time series seems true to the books.The books are so painfully detailed and full of non-plot progressing words I gave up. I can't believe even the authors death didn't manage to kill the series. Pern however would be great on the screen!

One single misclick of a letter and that could mean something totally different I hope you know 😂😂😂
Nothing wrong with people being "friendly" on screen :eek: :) . Surely better than watching someone getting beaten to a pulp ?

Nothing wrong with people being "friendly" on screen :eek: :) . Surely better than watching someone getting beaten to a pulp ?
Ehhhh.... Morally to me its both equally as bad, but I suppose someone dying in a graphic way on screen is a bit worse 😬😅

So far the Wheel of Time series seems true to the books.The books are so painfully detailed and full of non-plot progressing words I gave up. I can't believe even the authors death didn't manage to kill the series. Pern however would be great on the screen!
Pern would be good on screen. I've not checked out wheel of time. I also saved game of thrones for when I retire

Today I’ve been doing art :) custom portraits of pets!
8171B22B-41B5-49DE-B72A-A6D81F1E402E.png
688C3711-857B-4120-A6A1-F5E6ED1966D4.jpeg
6593CE41-C790-49A1-8255-1BDEDBA67A4B.jpeg
81B1DD06-7C29-4087-ACF7-C5FDF0FA3E12.jpeg
A3A41598-1967-4926-93F0-AE177B29139E.png

Most reactions

Back