What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
But there was one more that lived in another tank and claimed to be the youngest offspring Anna Betta, later proven to be a false Betta?

I am sitting with my old dog, near a pellet stove fire and reading about Corys. It's no use starting anything outdoors, and the coldness of the water from the tap makes water changes a bad idea. I pretty well caught up early when I saw the forecast.
I gave all the houseplants some attention this morning, and I can't look into my tetra breeding tanks yet as the eggs (if they are present) are light sensitive. I'm retired, so work doesn't press - so I read. That makes for a good day.
We'll run out for groceries later, then settle in as the colder front comes in from the north, with winds. They are now predicting one or two days of -40 or colder wind chills, with sustained winds. I hear the call to hibernate for a short period on those winds.
This cold is annoying to me, but I always think about how hard it is for people with no money. I lived like that when I was younger - when heating costs cut into the food budget and I'd stay close to the machinery at work because it threw heat. It's a difficult time of year for a lot of people.

Your 40 gal got 6 votes last time and is quite nice in my opinion
keep improving the tanks and enter this or a later contest

Just a normal Thursday here. Did some grocery shopping at the local grocery that does a senior discount on Thursdays along with picking up some cuttlefish bones for my cockatiel and a new batch of chlorine conditioner.

Getting ready soon to start dinner which will be a boneless chicken breast grilled with pretty heavy sage and basil along with black pepper. Will have that along with mashed taters with pepper and garlic and corn. Mashed taters and corn are just a comfort food for me. Used to do seperate in pans and mix on the plate but dicided to quit dirtying an extra pan for the corn and just cook the corn right along with the taters. Hey, it works for me! ;) Will have that with chicken and mushroom gravy. Was going to have sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice but decided that I wanted comfort food tonight. What can be more of a comfort food than grilled chicken with mashed taters and gravy??? ;)

Just a normal Thursday here. Did some grocery shopping at the local grocery that does a senior discount on Thursdays along with picking up some cuttlefish bones for my cockatiel and a new batch of chlorine conditioner.

Getting ready soon to start dinner which will be a boneless chicken breast grilled with pretty heavy sage and basil along with black pepper. Will have that along with mashed taters with pepper and garlic and corn. Mashed taters and corn are just a comfort food for me. Used to do seperate in pans and mix on the plate but dicided to quit dirtying an extra pan for the corn and just cook the corn right along with the taters. Hey, it works for me! ;) Will have that with chicken and mushroom gravy. Was going to have sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice but decided that I wanted comfort food tonight. What can be more of a comfort food than grilled chicken with mashed taters and gravy??? ;)
real mashed or powdered mashed?

Finished a book. Must resume bookkeeping. It's thawing outside, dogs are hiding in the house being really quiet so I won't throw them out. Mashed potatoes with the skin on sound good. I've got some red potatoes, and a roast I cooked in the crockpot a couple of days ago.

I'm attempting to bake a vanilla/chocolate swirl bundt cake with a chocolate ganache as a topping!
I already can tell I'm gonna do miserably 😂😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back